Michigan Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Just don't know how you keep CAM around for another year. It feels like dragging out a bad marriage because we signed a garbage pre-nup. 

It would set the program back another year but that gamble is there and potentially worse with an Alford type hire. Such a terrible place the program is in right now.

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

It would set the program back another year but that gamble is there and potentially worse with an Alford type hire. Such a terrible place the program is in right now.

Agreed. It's ugly. There's no great outcome whether he goes or stays. Guys likely transferring or hitting the portal and recruiting is dead in the water. It's a special kinds of sh*t show. 

I just hate the feeling I have now watching the game.  I can't get excited when we start a game well knowing that it won't last.  I also hate the feeling of not really caring if we lose because it will maybe bring the end of the Archie era.  I never have in the past every had this feeling of not caring if we lose but I am there because I want Archie gone.

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If they bring Archie back next year i wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of transfers after the season.  There is no way they can enjoy playing in this system that is so easy to defend and it is so boring.  If they bring him back they will lose so many more fans because nobody will care to watch this train wreck.  This is the first year that I have I went to the game thread diring the game.  I want to watch the game intently and not be distracted but this last part of the year I don't care to watch it that intently.

Archie's offensive sets are predictable, easy to prepare how to defend, boring for players to implement and boring to watch...IMO it clearly stifles player development and team chemistry.   and dont forget his ability to kill offensive momentum with untimely substituting.

43 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Happy to see Bybee knock in a couple of free throws.  

This is going to be a big off-season for Lander.  He has considerable ability.  I’m very bullish.   

We played a typical game.  Michigan is that much better than us.  To me, they are very likable and they can win it all.  

Potential (realistic) that UM could be the team to preserve the '76 teams claim to last undefeated season.  I would gladly pull for them in

that instance.

43 minutes ago, unexpectedflash said:

It's crazy the difference in quality of play between Archie's team in his fourth year and Howard's team in his second year. Guess he didn't have to wait 4 years to get his own guys and implement his system. I'm jealous of Michigan fans to go from Beilein to Howard.

Howard seems to have a good coaching quality.  Understand the flows of a game, and let the players PLAY...they will naturally 'elect' a good floor leader.   

35 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

The sad thing is, I’m not even upset with this loss. Before the game, I gave the boys 0% of winning. That hurts for me to even think that let alone witness this sinking ship. I’ve been numb for so long. 

Disappointment has been supplanted by indifference....

2 minutes ago, John S said:

The classy (but will never happen) is to turn down any invite that might come.   They simply do not deserve it,,,,especially CAM

They're not going too, but if they make it somehow then they deserve it. 

It would be ridiculous to turn down getting into the NCAA tournament. 

BTW,  miller's refusal to change offensive strategy is incredible.   Anybody notice that Al and Rob combined had 1 assist in their 60 minutes.  Lander had 2 in his 16 minutes.   Look at Geronimo, he logged 4 rebounds in just 12 minutes.   TJD had 4 in 35 minutes.   I know he is a very good player, but i dont know why some of these youngsters arent getting loads of playing time, should have happened several games ago.   

Archived