Michigan Post-Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

They're not going too, but if they make it somehow then they deserve it. 

It would be ridiculous to turn down getting into the NCAA tournament. 

NO disrepect, but this team is dysfunctional.  If they get in ,  it is simply because the Big 10 is overhyped the last few years.   I wonder how fans will feel when Hoosiers get knocked out by a 'non Blue Blood' team with good chemistry

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, John S said:

NO disrepect, but this team is dysfunctional.  If they get in ,  it is simply because the Big 10 is overhyped the last few years.   I wonder how fans will feel when Hoosiers get knocked out by a 'non Blue Blood' team with good chemistry

If they get it is because they play in by far the toughest conference in the country. It's close to being the toughest conference ever since KenPom has been rating. 

If they get in, which again I don't think they will, that will be the reason. 

I don't see why it matters if they lost to a blueblood or not? I'd bet that in IU's history they've more often lost to non-bluebloods in the NCAA tournament. 

4 minutes ago, John S said:

BTW,  miller's refusal to change offensive strategy is incredible.   Anybody notice that Al and Rob combined had 1 assist in their 60 minutes.  Lander had 2 in his 16 minutes.   Look at Geronimo, he logged 4 rebounds in just 12 minutes.   TJD had 4 in 35 minutes.   I know he is a very good player, but i dont know why some of these youngsters arent getting loads of playing time, should have happened several games ago.   

Agree, but it is hard to get assists when your teammates cant hit baskets.  The lack of rebounding is unforgivable.  

20 minutes ago, John S said:

The classy (but will never happen) is to turn down any invite that might come.   They simply do not deserve it,,,,especially CAM

Oh boy! That would open an interesting bag o' worms.  CAM and possibly some assistants (?) have incentives in his/their contracts for making and advancing in the tourney.

15 minutes ago, John S said:

You would never turn down a trip to the tournament.  I rather lose in the first round than win the NIT.  Maybe if they can play teams that are not in the big ten they could do better.  Early on we beat descent teams like Stanford and Providence easily.  Saying that we won't make the tournament do there is no worry about not accepting a bid

4 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I was on another thread arguing the Administration’s lack of being “all in” and didn’t even realized we played a game because I’m so tuned out to our team this year because they make me want to throw up watching them.

Their’s a sad state to be in. 

This post pretty much sums it up. I knew we played but intentionally didn’t even record it. I’ve legitimately probably only not watched (either live or on DVR) 5 games in the last 30 years and now I don’t even care. I always hope we win and want the kids to do well but I can’t justify the 2+ hour commitment and anger/anxiety it causes me this year 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

ndiana was just 9-of-24 on layups and saw its bigs outscored 50-26 by Michigan's bigs... a recipe for disaster. #iubb

This has been a huge problem all year.

I’ve said this before. I really like TJD.  If he can use his athleticism, he can get to the rim and score.  He’s probably ok on a drop step.  

But if the defender has length and stays behind him, Trayce doesn’t have any counter moves to score.  He’s really bothered and he tries to force it up over the length of the defender without a clear path.  Inevitably, it’s a brick or wild shot.  

There were times the broadcaster would call it a missed easy shot.  Not really.  A 7’2 guy with his arms up made it harder because Trayce couldn’t get him off balance so he could get a good look.  

There is no series of post moves that gets the defender off balance or out of synch allowing Trayce to score.  If the defender holds his ground and has length, Trayce is in for a long day.  This has happened repeatedly.  

This doesn’t translate well to the NBA.  He needs to get a 10-15 jumper that’s solid at game speed and he needs to develop post moves.  

I am not trying to be hyper critical because I really like Trayce. He’s got great numbers and does many things well.  9.5 boards a game is no joke.  He’s athletic, mobile and has great hands to snag the ball.  But the two things I mentioned are huge and will limit his NBA aspirations IMO until they are corrected.  

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of senior speeches. Assuming with Brunk not taking part in anything today that suggests he's back next year? Regarding game. Michigan is really good and we aren't. I know this is going to be a made up number but I felt like we missed 20 shots at the rim today.

I know this is going to be a made up number but I felt like we missed 20 shots at the rim every game.

Fixed it for you, you used today instead of every game.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of senior speeches. Assuming with Brunk not taking part in anything today that suggests he's back next year? Regarding game. Michigan is really good and we aren't. I know this is going to be a made up number but I felt like we missed 20 shots at the rim today.

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I know this is going to be a made up number but I felt like we missed 20 shots at the rim every game.

Fixed it for you, you used today instead of every game.

Tell me about it. I hate to harp because the shots and where the shots are being taken from are awesome from an offense/coaching standpoint....but man we miss so many. I feel like we leave 20 off the scoreboard every night!

6 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Good for him. Love it when athletes can go out on their own terms. Obviously plenty to played out in coming weeks/months but what a difference Brunk would have made this year. Him healthy....obviously Armaan playing on a broken wheel for 4-5 games. Guess we just won't know. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good for him. Love it when athletes can go out on their own terms. Obviously plenty to played out in coming weeks/months but what a difference Brunk would have made this year. Him healthy....obviously Armaan playing on a broken wheel for 4-5 games. Guess we just won't know. 

Wonder if he will fill the same way if they fire Archie.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder if he will fill the same way if they fire Archie.

I'll say this. I think we have about 5-7 kids who came to IU because of IU and Archie was an added bonus. I think we have about 2-3 kids if Archie isn't around they'll be gone. I don't want to get in the naming business.  Makes a mess of a decision to weigh those pro/cons/buyout/can we hire better,etc...if I'm Dolson. 

Dolson is a fundraiser. He knows first hand how hard that money is to come by. Especially during Covid times where some are pulling back the donation $. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say this. I think we have about 5-7 kids who came to IU because of IU and Archie was an added bonus. I think we have about 2-3 kids if Archie isn't around they'll be gone. I don't want to get in the naming business.  Makes a mess of a decision to weigh those pro/cons/buyout/can we hire better,etc...if I'm Dolson. 

Dolson is a fundraiser. He knows first hand how hard that money is to come by. Especially during Covid times where some are pulling back the donation $. 

Didn't mean I would not fire Archie just because of keeping players.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Didn't mean I would not fire Archie just because of keeping players.

Understand. It's a consideration though. If TJD comes back because Archie will be back....it's a strong consideration when you factor in buyout, coaches available for hire,etc...

I think we discussed in another thread a couple weeks ago. If TJD is gone it could make more sense to make a move. If TJD comes back with Brunk, LD, and Race as front court....a healthy Armaan and a year under his belt Lander along with Hunter...that could be a team that would be in top tier of Big 10 with departures at Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. It's a consideration though. If TJD comes back because Archie will be back....it's a strong consideration when you factor in buyout, coaches available for hire,etc...

I think we discussed in another thread a couple weeks ago. If TJD is gone it could make more sense to make a move. If TJD comes back with Brunk, LD, and Race as front court....a healthy Armaan and a year under his belt Lander along with Hunter...that could be a team that would be in top tier of Big 10 with departures at Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. 

I still say cut the cord this year no matter who is here or not.  We have a lot of those players this year and we are battling to stay out of 11th place.

Archived