You’re AD. Are you accepting an invite to the NIT?

AxnJxn

This topic is somewhat silly, but I absolutely appreciate the conversation starter.

You absolutely accept it. In the COVID world where the athletic department is running a deficit, you absolutely accept additional opportunities to collect revenue. Also, the basketball players want to play...you let them.

10 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I would accept the bid and not play Al, Rob, TJD.

I would only place, Race, Hunter, Lead, Lander, Galloway, Geronimo  and all of the walk-ons only in our first and only game

I'm interested in what the rationale is for your proposal...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'm interested in what the rationale is for your proposal...

the rationale would be that TJD and Al won't be back and he's assuming Rob won't be an important piece.  get the returning guys more experience.  i'm definitely not in that camp.  i would be fine going into the game thinking the minutes would be divided up more evenly though.  

40 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

the rationale would be that TJD and Al won't be back and he's assuming Rob won't be an important piece.  get the returning guys more experience.  i'm definitely not in that camp.  i would be fine going into the game thinking the minutes would be divided up more evenly though.  

If that's the case, then that says...

"Al, you busted your arse for 4 years, pretty much maxed out your potential, and could be playing in your last meaningful game ever for the school you love. Take a seat."

" Trayce, I don't care if you've made up your mind of not, have a seat."

" Rob, I know you're trying, but to the curb you go. I want you freshmen to take note. If you ever struggle, I'll give up on you and kick you to the curb too."

Anc then throw the game by playing walk-ons?

Makes no sense to me...I know that was simply your interpretation of @IowaHoosierFan words, @NCHoosier32, but if that's correct, it's more disturbing to me than when I first read it...

21 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If that's the case, then that says...

"Al, you busted your arse for 4 years, pretty much maxed out your potential, and could be playing in your last meaningful game ever for the school you love. Take a seat."

" Trayce, I don't care if you've made up your mind of not, have a seat."

" Rob, I know you're trying, but to the curb you go. I want you freshmen to take note. If you ever struggle, I'll give up on you and kick you to the curb too."

Anc then throw the game by playing walk-ons?

Makes no sense to me...I know that was simply your interpretation of @IowaHoosierFan words, @NCHoosier32, but if that's correct, it's more disturbing to me than when I first read it...

we actually agree my friend.  let's write this date down?

I’m torn on this one. My stubbornness as a fan that expects better from our coach wants us to be done if we don’t make the tournament. However, if we earned the right to play post season (NIT) , we should allow the kids to grow and better themselves for next year. So it’s a yes from me. Had to talk it out 😆 

Archived