What Would You ask Archie?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d ask why we haven’t been able to recruit and land guards who could shoot the ball. Franklin is a very nice player and I love his game, he needs help. Durham, while I really enjoy him as a person/player- we’ve been starting a BiG backup for 3 years. 

With your losing ways over the past 4 years and players dropping the Fbomb on you. How much longer do you expect to be at Indiana U? And with you not being able to remember an event that happened just and hour prior are you sure your last name is not Biden?  

9 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

With your losing ways over the past 4 years and players dropping the Fbomb on you. How much longer do you expect to be at Indiana U? And with you not being able to remember an event that happened just and hour prior are you sure your last name is not Biden?  

Seriously man, this is the second political post you made.  Let it go man, lets stick to sports here.  FFS

In all honesty I would ask him, how would you turn this around? It's easy to fire people left and right, let's start finding out why multiple coaches in a row couldn't truly right the ship. Archie's a good coach. What's preventing the sleeping giant from rising again? 

16 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

In all honesty I would ask him, how would you turn this around? It's easy to fire people left and right, let's start finding out why multiple coaches in a row couldn't truly right the ship. Archie's a good coach. What's preventing the sleeping giant from rising again? 

I don't think Archie is a bad coach either. Let me pose a question. If you were to take IUs current roster along with Arch and Osterman back to Dayton. Do you think they would win their conference? I do and I think they would have a lot of wins and be beaming with confidence and on a roll and a team like that is a tough out. We know what Arch and this roster is capable of in the big. bottom rung for 4 years. What worked for arch at Dayton will not work in the big. He coaches with the same style and scheme and it's not working. So Arch is not a bad coach just not the right fit in the big. 

The thing I will knock him for is his inability to change or improve his coaching ability. 

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

I don't think Archie is a bad coach either. Let me pose a question. If you were to take IUs current roster along with Arch and Osterman back to Dayton. Do you think they would win their conference? I do and I think they would have a lot of wins and be beaming with confidence and on a roll and a team like that is a tough out. We know what Arch and this roster is capable of in the big. bottom rung for 4 years. What worked for arch at Dayton will not work in the big. He coaches with the same style and scheme and it's not working. So Arch is not a bad coach just not the right fit in the big. 

The thing I will knock him for is his inability to change or improve his coaching ability. 

I agree and disagree. I think his recruiting strategy has backfired. He goes hard/all in for guys, but doesn't have a backup plan if he whiffs. He should take more transfers. I think his coaching has been good enough. But you might be right, he could be in over his head, the A-10 is no B-10. But he's still pretty young and will get a chance some where good if it doesn't work out.  He was given the IU job and took it knowing he'd be in the spotlight and would be criticized for everything. At least he had the guts to take the job. It's a hard one. I really hoped he'd be the right guy; he checked off the boxes for what I would look for in a coach. The main concern was A-10 to Big Ten. We'll see how it all unfolds. I wish it wouldn't have to lead to this. Social media is brutal. 

Archived