Joey Brunk returning

i think Brunk is actually very important.  not because he is an All B1G player, but he gives a solid hopefully back up 6'11'' rebounder and defender that doesn't hurt you on the offensive end.  i don't think TJD is coming back, but if he does, having Brunk in any time he's on the bench would be huge.  if TJD is gone, face it, right now Brunk would b our best option at the 5.     

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m still a bit hazy on the rules with this. Since he is a senior who decided to come back, would we technically be able to have 14 scholarships next year with the COVID rules?

Well we get 15 so technically it would be 16 and yes he wouldn’t count against the scholarships. Now it’s up to IU if they want to treat him like a “scholarship player”

I'd like to see Joey get a real final season of play in, if possible. He's earned that much. And frankly, is IU in a position to turn down anyone with size that wants to play? They are not.

I'd be interested in what kind of recovery we are looking at though. When healthy he can play a role and help the team. If he's going to have a lingering back problem he should probably get on with his life's work. The other question is, what coaching staff will he be talking to? I'd guess Archie would want him to return but if a new coach is in place, they may see it differently.

Glad, especially if he's healthy.  TJD should come back, since he's not yet ready for the NBA, but he may not, given the state of the program.  In any case, our biggest need is a ball handling guard, either a 1 or 2, wh can both shoot and take over a game.  We just don't have one of those and you need one to win consistently.

Archived