2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 minute ago, rico said:

I had the opportunity quite a few years back to go.  Took advantage of it while in the Tampa area.   Recently, I have had a family member choose to snowbird in Arizona.  He has been on me to get out there to go to some games.  TBH, if I go to 'Zona I would be more interested in the Grand Canyon and the Old West.

My wife is not into sports at all.  I like it that way.  We’d go do other stuff but maybe we can find a day for a cactus league game lol 

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

My wife is not into sports at all.  I like it that way.  We’d go do other stuff but maybe we can find a day for a cactus league game lol 

Tammy isn't either...but it has been my experience that everybody likes going to a baseball game in person.  Eat a few hotdogs, drink a few beers, and soak up the ballpark.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Tammy isn't either...but it has been my experience that everybody likes going to a baseball game in person.  Eat a few hotdogs, drink a few beers, and soak up the ballpark.

This is true...

Back in the 80s, I had a spinster aunt that had never been to a professional baseball game. She and my Mom and my two young nephews (9 and 10 at the time) came over to Scott AFB to visit me (year before I got married), and I took them to a game in St Louis vs the Pirates. It went 17 innings...and lasted past midnight. One of my nephews whined that he was tired in the 12th inning or so, and before I could speak up, my aunt told him we weren't leaving until the game was over...She loved it...

Cherry on the sundae was, after the game we stopped in a little diner near the park, and Hub Kittle, Cardinals pitching coach, was there having a late dinner...My aunt talked his ear off about the game after I told her who he was...

Boxscore

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Spring training is such an awesome time of the year.   We have the optimism of having the whole spring and summer in front of us.   As much as I love baseball, can you believe I’ve never been to spring training?  Hopefully it’s in my future.  

We went to some in Florida when I was a kid back in the 70's.  But, as an adult, I've only been once.  Was in Phoenix visiting family and caught a Reds/A's game.

That said, I am giving serious consideration to moving to the Phoenix area when I retire.  Would be a little uneasy about the summer heat. but I absolutely love the landscape/geography out there.  And, being able to attend as many spring training games as I want would be absolute heaven for me.  The wife would have no problem with me, as she enjoys it when I am out of the house anyway.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We went to some in Florida when I was a kid back in the 70's.  But, as an adult, I've only been once.  Was in Phoenix visiting family and caught a Reds/A's game.

That said, I am giving serious consideration to moving to the Phoenix area when I retire.  Would be a little uneasy about the summer heat. but I absolutely love the landscape/geography out there.  And, being able to attend as many spring training games as I want would be absolute heaven for me.  The wife would have no problem with me, as she enjoys it when I am out of the house anyway.  

We keep going back and forth. Arizona and access to everything in the West, mountains, sun year round,etc........or Southwest Florida and everything the ocean, Keys, South Florida provides. Can't go wrong with either. 

My aunt lived in West Palm area. Used to go to Braves spring training games often. Was unreal to be that close to guys you would see later in the year on TBS every night. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

We keep going back and forth. Arizona and access to everything in the West, mountains, sun year round,etc........or Southwest Florida and everything the ocean, Keys, South Florida provides. Can't go wrong with either. 

My aunt lived in West Palm area. Used to go to Braves spring training games often. Was unreal to be that close to guys you would see later in the year on TBS every night. 

Arizona is so much better for Spring Training than Florida because of the proximity of the teams to each other and you're just about guaranteed sunshine every day.  Spring storms can wreak havoc in Florida and some of the venues are several hours apart.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rico said:

Ah,ha,ha,ha, stayin'alive, stayin' alive

...Got the wings of Heaven on my shoes.

I'm a dancin' man and I just can't loose...

Good times...

It was all a big trick...Get all the hot women in one spot to attract us, make us dress funny, and then prove how rhythmically challenged we were... 

I got my Rangers 20 package to see the new stadium. The team, meh.   Unfortunately, it's year late and my opening day tickets won't be the first MLB game ever since they played playoff games there. So some of that excitement is gone.  I still don't know what is going on though as far as fans and how many will able to go.  Maybe since Texas is going back to normal in a couple of days they will not limit the number of fans at the game.   I got to pick 20 primo games so lets hope they sell well on stub hub.  I really only want to go to about half the 20 games. I'll sell all the Astro, Yankee, and Red Sox games I can unload. 

• Like 4