2021 MLB Season

5fouls

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

All I know is that Berrios had a no-no through 7 for my Twins yesterday and they sat him. 

I need Scott in the worst way to get on his high horse and bitch about saber metrics 

Wouldn't happen in Taiwan.  Last week there was a 142 pitch no-hitter in Taiwan.  But the number of pitches wasn't even the best part.  The coolest part of it was that Ultraman was in attendance.,

https://www.bleachernation.com/baseballisfun/2021/04/02/former-big-leaguer-tim-melville-just-threw-a-142-pitch-no-hitter-in-taiwan-and-then-did-a-uhm-dance/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=17109

Flexing is apparently worthy of a 2 game suspension.

Meanwhile, drilling a guy on purpose (Woodford) is not even worth a fine.

Molina got fined, but not suspended.  And he pushed an umpire.

Somebody at MLB headquarters has been sniffing glue.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Geez a lou...2 games?!?! For that?!?!?

If a brawl akin to the Braves and Padres circa 1984 ever broke out what would they do? Suspend both teams forever?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Just getting caught up and saw the 2 game suspension. Absolutely brutal. I'm a closet Reds fan sometimes because of this board...and honestly I love the way Castellanos plays. MLB better get some stuff in order. Losing fans. Game is boring (to some)....and for the life of me players can't ever show any excitement. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just getting caught up and saw the 2 game suspension. Absolutely brutal. I'm a closet Reds fan sometimes because of this board...and honestly I love the way Castellanos plays. MLB better get some stuff in order. Losing fans. Game is boring (to some)....and for the life of me players can't ever show any excitement. 

Part of me thinks this is blatant favoritism by MLB towards the Cardinals, especially since Molina got away with just a fine when he clearly pushed an umpire out of the way. 

The other part of me thinks no punches were thrown and no suspensions were necessary.  Fines yes.  Suspensions no. 

But, there is absolutely no part of me that thinks this is a justifiable punishment.  It's ludicrous.  He didn't charge the mound when he got hit.  He didn't go out of his way to take the guy out on the slide.  He simply flexed and probably told him to do something awkward to himself.  There are a lot worse things happen in MLB that go unpunished.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Part of me thinks this is blatant favoritism by MLB towards the Cardinals, especially since Molina got away with just a fine when he clearly pushed an umpire out of the way. 

The other part of me thinks no punches were thrown and no suspensions were necessary.  Fines yes.  Suspensions no. 

But, there is absolutely no part of me that thinks this is a justifiable punishment.  It's ludicrous.  He didn't charge the mound when he got hit.  He didn't go out of his way to take the guy out on the slide.  He simply flexed and probably told him to do something awkward to himself.  There are a lot worse things happen in MLB that go unpunished.    

Agree all day long. I actually pay attention to Reds/Cardinals games because it seems they've had this stuff going on for years. Would be shame to remove that.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The "decision" quite frankly pisses me the f@&* off.  Not only as a Reds fan but as a baseball fan.  F$%k&*g PITIFUL.

I need a beer.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Costellanos never touched anyone and he gets suspended but Molina shoves him in the back but gets nothing

Edited by IU Scott