2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Not worried yet.  If you had told me before the season the Reds would be 6-3 to start the year, I would have been thrilled.  Bottom line is if we started 0-3 and then won 6 straight, we would be in the same place.  it may 'feel' better that way, but it's still 6-3.

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

It's the curse of Wally Moon...and baseball being played in the LA Coliseum.   😜

If you check Wally's stats, he was a decent ballplayer.  I made up the curse thing because his name just feels right for a baseball curse.  And one of my memories from that time (1960-61) was hearing Waite Hoyt, Reds radio announcer, talking about how Wally was pretty good at lifting fly balls over the 42' screen out in leftfield, which was only 251' down the line and 320' to leftcenter.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

If you check Wally's stats, he was a decent ballplayer.  I made up the curse thing because his name just feels right for a baseball curse.  And one of my memories from that time (1960-61) was hearing Waite Hoyt, Reds radio announcer, talking about how Wally was pretty good at lifting fly balls over the 42' screen out in leftfield, which was only 251' down the line and 320' to leftcenter.

Enos Slaughter has to be in here somewhere.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, rico said:

Pedro Strop returns to Wrigleyville.

By the end of the year to keep payroll in check I'm expecting the Cubs to bring back Carlos Zambrano, Mark Prior....shoot maybe see if Keith Moreland has any tread on the tire left. Although Moreland probably today could make better contact than 90% of our hitters.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

By the end of the year to keep payroll in check I'm expecting the Cubs to bring back Carlos Zambrano, Mark Prior....shoot maybe see if Keith Moreland has any tread on the tire left. Although Moreland probably today could make better contact than 90% of our hitters.

And Joe Kmak!

• Like 1