2021 MLB Season

5fouls

More experimental rules in the minors (Atlantic League only).

• Moving pitching rubber back 1 foot to 61 feet 6 inches.  The ide is to give batter extra time in hopes of reducing strikeouts
  • Double Hook.  You lose your DH when you take out your starting pitcher.  So, if your pitcher gets bombed and knocked out in the 2nd inning, you have to play the rest of the gamed like there was no DH to begin with.  This sounds like an interesting rule but I have a hard time seeing the players agreeing to it.  Imagine being a full time DH and never knowing if you're going to get 4 at bats a game or 1 (and possibly zero if the started gets knocked out early enough).  It would add a lot of strategy to the game though, especially if the DH is due up the next half inning.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31256639/mlb-atlantic-league-experiment-moving-back-mound-double-hook-dh

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Apologize to my Cubs fans on here. Never knew the reason why Kris Bryant chose the #17. He chose 17 because it was on the 17th day of April he was called up so Cubs could extra year of service time. I guess I just didn't know that.

In my mind #17 on the Cubs is always Mark Grace.

• Like 2

• KDB pinned this topic