2021 MLB Season

5fouls

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

But but but...who could have seen this coming?? 🙄

I don't think anyone could see this level coming. I know your point on KB and it's well documented....but to have this many players perform this poorly?? I don't think anyone could see all of them at these levels....with the exception of us on this board. Haha.

I'll say the same thing as I did in 2018. This wasn't on Maddon. Never was. Shoot even Chilli Davis said this about these guys at end of 18 as well. 

Have a young group of guys who had so much success early on they knew better than anyone else. Oh well. Thanks for the title. Multiple playoff appearances and division titles but time to blow this one up and start again with end of 23 being the goal to start winning playoff series again. 

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds with a walk off win in 10 against the Indians.  Reds were down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th with two outs and no one on.  They ended up scoring a run to send it to extra innings

Game had a triple play and a Bill Buckner play to help the Reds score the tying run with two outs in the 9th.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Little tidbit that maybe you guys caught already. Kevin Stallings, the basketball coach, has a son in the majors.  He’s on the Pirates and I think his name is Jacob (Stallings).

Didn't I read somewhere that he is the slowest runner in baseball?

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Didn't I read somewhere that he is the slowest runner in baseball?

Could be, but I hadn’t heard that.  It’s hard to believe when there are guys like Molina or Dan Vogelbach floating around lol.   I thought I heard Molina might be the slowest. I saw a sequence where he was on first and on a long double in the gap could only get to third.  The announcers said anyone else would have scored.  He then got stranded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He won't be up for 36 games. Service time manipulation on his contract.

F$&K THAT.  The Cubbies need some sort of injection right here, right now.  And while I am at, that Yu trade looks spectacular...for the Padres.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rico said:

F$&K THAT.  The Cubbies need some sort of injection right here, right now.  And while I am at, that Yu trade looks spectacular...for the Padres.

Yep! Tell me about it. We unload our Cy Young candidate for AA talent at best....and piss the clubhouse off even more with some of the service manipulation. Great times at 1060 W. Addison!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This umpiring crew in this Reds game is ridiculous.  It had been pouring down rain for over an inning and had puddles in the infield.  They should have delayed the game but they kept them out there.  The Reds pitvhrtdcould not get a grip of the ball or get any traction on the mound. In the top of the 8th after the Reds walked in the go ahead run.  After the Reds  pitcher Simms kept throwing out each ball he was given and the manager complained long enough they finally delayed the game.

Edited by IU Scott

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Louis Castillo came on with an era over 7 and gave up 3 in the first inning.  He had been really had the lady two years and have to wonder what had happened to him.

By what measure was Luis Castillo bad last season (2020)? 

• His E.R.A - 3.21
  • MLB Average E.R.A. - 4.44

And, if I recall correctly, he got hit hard in a couple of starts that helped inflate that E.R.A., but in most of them, he was as good as Trevor Bauer,

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

By what measure was Luis Castillo bad last season (2020)? 

• His E.R.A - 3.21
  • MLB Average E.R.A. - 4.44

And, if I recall correctly, he got hit hard in a couple of starts that helped inflate that E.R.A., but in most of them, he was as good as Trevor Bauer,

May be that Scott is just perplexed that Luis has gotten off to a rocky start this year.  TBH, it bothers me as well.  

Reds lose the suspended gameb5-4 to Arizona.n I was hoping lady years struggle for Surez was more to do with shoulder injury and the pandemic.  So far this year his struggles continues with hitting .160.  In this he he went 0-4 and 4 strikeouts so if he continues to struggle the Reds are in trouble.

Edited by IU Scott