2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Is it just me, or are there more players under the Mendoza line than there usually are at this point and time in the season?

28, in fact, with a qualifying number of plate appearances.

https://www.mlb.com/stats/batting-average?sortState=asc

I was hoping Suarez would come back and have a good year but he is even worse than he was last year.

Everytime I think David Bell can't be any dumber he comes through and shows me he can be dumber.  Up 3-1 in the bottom of the 7th at the Dodgers he brings in Amir Garrett.  So far this year in 7 games his era is 13.50 and Bell brings him I with two outs and a guy on first.  All Garrett did was give up a two run homer to tie the game.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Everytime I think David Bell can't be any dumber he comes through and shows me he can be dumber.  Up 3-1 in the bottom of the 7th at the Dodgers he brings in Amir Garrett.  So far this year in 7 games his era is 13.50 and Bell brings him I with two outs and a guy on first.  All Garrett did was give up a two run homer to tie the game.

And your favorite player, Winker, wins it for the Reds.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Same way I feel when I see Gus Bell's 1964 baseball card...

Didn’t Buddy have a son in the majors?  They went grandfather-father-son I think?

The Boones are another.  I remember Bob well as a catcher.  But I want to say that Bob’s dad was a major leaguer.  Of course Aaron and Brett are more recent.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Didn’t Buddy have a son in the majors?  They went grandfather-father-son I think?

The Boones are another.  I remember Bob well as a catcher.  But I want to say that Bob’s dad was a major leaguer.  Of course Aaron and Brett are more recent.   

Yeah, David, the current Reds manager, and Mike both played MLB.

And yeah, Ray Boone was a pretty good infielder in the 40s and 50s

• Like 1