2021 MLB Season

5fouls

What a disgraceful performance today by the Reds losing to the Cubs 3-2.  The Reds in the 9th had runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs and don't score.  They took 3rd strikes right down the middle twice and you can't take those strikes.  The Reds led 2-0 after the 1st inning but couldn't score again against the Cubs terrible pitching staff.  They left the bases loaded twice but couldn't get the big hits.

Couldn't help but laugh at Amir Garrett. Little twerp. Trying to make his bones I guess. He and his 12.27 ERA got a little happy by striking out Rizzo today.

Oh well. Just saw the score. I'll say the same thing I said earlier. Anyone who finishes behind the Cubs should reconsider their fandom....as well as coaching/management/players. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Couldn't help but laugh at Amir Garrett. Little twerp. Trying to make his bones I guess. He and his 12.27 ERA got a little happy by striking out Rizzo today.

Oh well. Just saw the score. I'll say the same thing I said earlier. Anyone who finishes behind the Cubs should reconsider their fandom....as well as coaching/management/players. 

I have no idea what Garrett was thinking there.  Saying that the next time Baez comes up I am plunking him

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He was stupid

It happens. Frustrating start for him for sure this year. I like fire. Even mistimed fire....still like it. Reminds me of when Chapman and Rizzo went at it in 13 or 14 I believe? 

No problem with guys getting excited in a game. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What a disgraceful performance today by the Reds losing to the Cubs 3-2.  The Reds in the 9th had runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs and don't score.  They took 3rd strikes right down the middle twice and you can't take those strikes.  The Reds led 2-0 after the 1st inning but couldn't score again against the Cubs terrible pitching staff.  They left the bases loaded twice but couldn't get the big hits.

900+ CUBS WIN!!!!!! ideas | cubs win, cubs, chicago cubs

Just saw a stat that toe is not good for baseball.  In April there were 1092 more strike outs than there were hits in the month and that to me is not good for the game.

Also saw the Reds won 13-12 today but couldn't watch it today. We had a graduation party for my daughter who is getting her Masters degree in Social Work.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw a stat that toe is not good for baseball.  In April there were 1092 more strike outs than there were hits in the month and that to me is not good for the game.

Also saw the Refs won 13-12 today but couldn't watch it today. We had a graduation party for my daughter who is getting her Masters degree in Social Work.

Congrats on the graduation part. Always nice to see stepping stones crossed. Just saw the score. Reminded me of my first Cubs game in 79 vs Phillies. Tons of homers. Here's a fun stat. Cubs have 28 starts on year I believe and have yet to have a starter get an out in the 7th inning. Haha.

Brutal what Cubs ownership is trying to sell to us. We all knew it in January and this is continued proof. Oh well. Football is only 100 or so days away!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Congrats on the graduation part. Always nice to see stepping stones crossed. Just saw the score. Reminded me of my first Cubs game in 79 vs Phillies. Tons of homers. Here's a fun stat. Cubs have 28 starts on year I believe and have yet to have a starter get an out in the 7th inning. Haha.

Brutal what Cubs ownership is trying to sell to us. We all knew it in January and this is continued proof. Oh well. Football is only 100 or so days away!

The good news is that Bryant is playing great. It'll increase his trade value at the deadline. Heck, we might even get a couple of high A ballplayers for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Also saw the Reds won 13-12 today but couldn't watch it today. We had a graduation party for my daughter who is getting her Masters degree in Social Work.

Congratulations to your daughter, Scott...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The good news is that Bryant is playing great. It'll increase his trade value at the deadline. Heck, we might even get a couple of high A ballplayers for him.

Yep! Every dong means we might have guys who can contribute at the end of 23 when we might have a chance at wild card again!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep! Every dong means we might have guys who can contribute at the end of 23 when we might have a chance at wild card again!

"Playoffs?  Don't talk about playoffs.  You kidding me?  Just hope we can win a game."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Marlins are the only team in the NL East with a positive run differential.  

They are in last place.

I was looking at that yesterday...I also noticed that KC and Oakland had negative differentials as well to go with the Nats.

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I was looking at that yesterday...I also noticed that KC and Oakland had negative differentials as well to go with the Nats.

There has to be a trivia question unfolding in here somewhere about best records ever with negative differential on runs.