2021 MLB Season

5fouls

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm getting worried that no one else in the division has anything for the Cardinals.  

King of the dump. 83 wins I tell you is a title winner in NL Central world this year...or at the very least a wild card berth.

Maybe someone will separate themselves later on but from what I see so far? Inconsistent, obvious weaknesses....from every team. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

King of the dump. 83 wins I tell you is a title winner in NL Central world this year...or at the very least a wild card berth.

Maybe someone will separate themselves later on but from what I see so far? Inconsistent, obvious weaknesses....from every team. 

Well if we are to believe that the Dodgers are the best team in baseball then the Central can't be that bad.  LA is 2-8 against them.  BTW...San Diego is 4-6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Stop the presses!! The Yankees beat the Rays last night 3-1! And Chapman did not blow the save!! 

The Rays have owned the Yanks recently, so maybe things will turn around for them.....

Did I mention I hate the Yankees?  LOL  Just not as much as the Cardinals or Dodgers!

• Haha 1

Man.  The extra inning rule threw me for a loop today.  Working, so not watching the game.  But, I was periodically following the box on ESPN.  Followed close enough to know that Senzel made the last out of the 9th, which meant if it went to extras, then Winker would lead off the 10th.

So, next time I check, I see the Reds are up 5-1 and that Suarez apparently hit a 3 run double.  What I couldn't figure out was Winker's line.  Based on the last time I checked the box, he apparently had a hit, a run, and an RBI in the 10th.  Well, in my 50+ years of following baseball, if you lead off an inning and get a hit, a run, and an RBI, that means you hit a home run unless the lineup batted around. 

There was no evidence of the Reds batting around, so I spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out.  The hit was easy enough.  As was the run (I correctly assumed he scored on Suarez's double).  The problem was the RBI.  I knew Moose had accounted for the Reds earlier run with a dinger.  So, that left me confused as heck as to how Winker got an RBI leading off an inning without hitting a HR.  

It finally hit me that, per the extra inning rule, Senzel started out at 2nd, and Winker drove him in with his hit.

Baseball needs to quit messing with me.

Edited by 5fouls

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs. 1-12 with RISP. 10 left on base. Lose 3-2. Rinse wash repeat. 

Update from yesterday. Makes 7 straight 1 run games for Cubs. Another 1 run loss.Today we left 15 on base. Has to be one of the worst situational hitting teams in the league.

• Like 1

Random Stupid Stat of the Day

Mike Trout has the slowest reaction time of any qualifying outfielder in the majors at -2.8.  

• He should be benched

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/outfield_jump?year=2021&min=q&sort=6&sortDir=asc

Jesse Winker is near the bottom of every defensive metric for outfielders

• He should be benched

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/outfield_jump?year=2021&min=q&sort=9&sortDir=asc

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Man.  The extra inning rule threw me for a loop today.  Working, so not watching the game.  But, I was periodically following the box on ESPN.  Followed close enough to know that Senzel made the last out of the 9th, which meant if it went to extras, then Winker would lead off the 10th.

So, next time I check, I see the Reds are up 5-1 and that Suarez apparently hit a 3 run double.  What I couldn't figure out was Winker's line.  Based on the last time I checked the box, he apparently had a hit, a run, and an RBI in the 10th.  Well, in my 50+ years of following baseball, if you lead off an inning and get a hit, a run, and an RBI, that means you hit a home run unless the lineup batted around. 

There was no evidence of the Reds batting around, so I spent 10 minutes trying to figure it out.  The hit was easy enough.  As was the run (I correctly assumed he scored on Suarez's double).  The problem was the RBI.  I knew Moose had accounted for the Reds earlier run with a dinger.  So, that left me confused as heck as to how Winker got an RBI leading off an inning without hitting a HR.  

It finally hit me that, per the extra inning rule, Senzel started out at 2nd, and Winker drove him in with his hit.

Baseball needs to quit messing with me.

When I am drinking it throws me for a loop too!

Man, Luis Castillo needs help... and I mean big time.  Reds losing to a bad Rockies team BIG tonight.  Castillo has been pretty much terrible all but one start.  Reds are 1-7 in his starts going into tonight's game...and the score is 10-0 in the seventh.  

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Man, Luis Castillo needs help... and I mean big time.  Reds losing to a bad Rockies team BIG tonight.  Castillo has been pretty much terrible all but one start.  Reds are 1-7 in his starts going into tonight's game...and the score is 10-0 in the seventh.  

They need to send him down to the minors

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Luis is getting smacked around early, like the 1st inning early.  Evidently his stuff aint fooling anybody.  

I say call Greene or Lodolo up...or maybe both.

https://www.redlegnation.com/2021/05/14/cincinnati-reds-fall-just-short-of-coors-magic-as-luis-castillos-struggles-continue/

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Luis is getting smacked around early, like the 1st inning early.  Evidently his stuff aint fooling anybody.  

I say call Greene or Lodolo up...or maybe both.

https://www.redlegnation.com/2021/05/14/cincinnati-reds-fall-just-short-of-coors-magic-as-luis-castillos-struggles-continue/

Yeah, his once great change up seems to be pretty much batting practice quality these days.  And that was his out pitch.  

13 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah, his once great change up seems to be pretty much batting practice quality these days.  And that was his out pitch.  

Needs to work it out in AAA.  The Reds really aren't in a position to let him do it at the MLB level if they plan on contending.  

I figured I'd jump on over here to show a little support and love for my White Sox. Who would have predicted they would have the best winning % in MLB at this point? Team ERA way better than at the same point in their World Series season of 2005. They have been on fire lately and are really been fun to watch. Yermin Mercedes has to be the feel good story of the year. They haven't missed a beat with their top 2 outfield sluggers (Jimenez and Roberts) out. Just swept the Royals and Twins and now have a 10 game lead on last years Central champs the Twins. Looking like a 2 team race in the AL Central with the Sox and Cleveland. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I figured I'd jump on over here to show a little support and love for my White Sox. Who would have predicted they would have the best winning % in MLB at this point? Team ERA way better than at the same point in their World Series season of 2005. They have been on fire lately and are really been fun to watch. Yermin Mercedes has to be the feel good story of the year. They haven't missed a beat with their top 2 outfield sluggers (Jimenez and Roberts) out. Just swept the Royals and Twins and now have a 10 game lead on last years Central champs the Twins. Looking like a 2 team race in the AL Central with the Sox and Cleveland. 

Too much Cubs and Reds in this thread haha. As a Cardinal fan, we have a common enemy. Go Sox!