2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Too much Cubs and Reds in this thread haha. As a Cardinal fan, we have a common enemy. Go Sox!

That's why I don't follow this thread as much. I don't really care about the NL until World Series time. It's hard enough following the Sox, let alone the rest of the league.

Edited by Reacher

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I figured I'd jump on over here to show a little support and love for my White Sox. Who would have predicted they would have the best winning % in MLB at this point? Team ERA way better than at the same point in their World Series season of 2005. They have been on fire lately and are really been fun to watch. Yermin Mercedes has to be the feel good story of the year. They haven't missed a beat with their top 2 outfield sluggers (Jimenez and Roberts) out. Just swept the Royals and Twins and now have a 10 game lead on last years Central champs the Twins. Looking like a 2 team race in the AL Central with the Sox and Cleveland. 

I have been keeping my eye on them.  So has Steuby the Twins fan.

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Next week they open ticket sales for additional capacity (up to 60%). I'll probably try and get tics for a few games

I got a fishing buddy that is a big Sox fan.  He always tries to get me to go.  I just don't like going to Chicago anymore...Sox, Cubs, and even IU won't get me there.

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

I figured I'd jump on over here to show a little support and love for my White Sox. Who would have predicted they would have the best winning % in MLB at this point? Team ERA way better than at the same point in their World Series season of 2005. They have been on fire lately and are really been fun to watch. Yermin Mercedes has to be the feel good story of the year. They haven't missed a beat with their top 2 outfield sluggers (Jimenez and Roberts) out. Just swept the Royals and Twins and now have a 10 game lead on last years Central champs the Twins. Looking like a 2 team race in the AL Central with the Sox and Cleveland. 

And just think. This time last week the powers at be wanted La Russa gone? Nasty injury today though. I'm a Cubs guy obviously....but Dad is a diehard White Sox fan. Time will tell how the season plays out but White Sox are groomed for deep runs these next couple of years. Need another starter and honestly...just avoid more injuries.

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What would it take to get you on the Cardinal bandwagon? 

29 other MLB teams go bankrupt and the Cardinals are forced to play college teams.  One of the teams they play is Purdue.  

Then again, I just would not watch.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I really thought this 4 games series against the Rockies would get the Refs going but it is not.  The Rockies is the worst team in the NL and had the worst pitching in baseball.  Lost 13-8 last night and losing tonight 9-4 after 7.

Oh it has got them going...in the wrong direction.  Go Colts.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Love Nick Castellanos. Let a fan do his interview instead of him last night. I hope there's a way to get this guy back in a Cubs uniform but for now he's my favorite non-Cubs player in all of baseball. 

Or, we could just root for him to stay with the Reds.  :coffee:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Love Nick Castellanos. Let a fan do his interview instead of him last night. I hope there's a way to get this guy back in a Cubs uniform but for now he's my favorite non-Cubs player in all of baseball. 

I saw that...the guy told him to imagine the ball was Rob Manfred's face and the next pitch, Castellanos nailed a homer...

Manfred is the worst commissioner in my lifetime...and that's saying something when I lived through the Bowie Kuhn years...

• Like 1