2021 MLB Season

5fouls

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Unfortunately Cards haven’t had a chance to round into shape. A third of the lineup was out last night and the pitching has some injuries. 

I just like the Cubs roster better than the Cards.  I disdain the Cards, but I respect the organization.  Going off past history, I will concede that I expect the Redbirds to be in the division hunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

But that brings about an interesting dilemma...

Bryant is having quite a year (10/28/.312)...Do the Cubs try to win this year, or at the trade deadline get what they can for Bryant and restock the farm system...

I think they'll trade him...

Trade. They already made the call on plans when they dealt Yu Darvish. Shoot if we had just him in our starting rotation everyone in the NL Central would be 2-3 games behind us.

Can't miss KB value again. I don't think he'll be the only one. There's a quiet riff in clubhouse after Hoyer went public last week about not getting vaccines/85% threshold. My guess is a few players will be dealt this summer.

Edited by Seeking6

I didn't want to start a separate topic on this, but for those of you that have and can watch MeTV on your television, they Ed Sullivan show on Sunday nights. Last night must have been "baseball" night as they had Detroit's Denny McClain and the Cards, Bob Gibson. McClain played Girl From Ipanema on the organ, and later the two played a song together while Gibson played the guitar. Pretty cool.

Here is a video:

Also Ed introduced Babe Ruths widow, who was in attendance! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I didn't want to start a separate topic on this, but for those of you that have and can watch MeTV on your television, they Ed Sullivan show on Sunday nights. Last night must have been "baseball" night as they had Detroit's Denny McClain and the Cards, Bob Gibson. McClain played Girl From Ipanema on the organ, and later the two played a song together while Gibson played the guitar. Pretty cool.

Here is a video:

Also Ed introduced Babe Ruths widow, who was in attendance! 

Looked it up...they appeared only days after game 7 of the 1968 World Series...

I wonder if Micky Lolich felt like he got gypped...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Interesting bit of trivia I wasn't aware of !!  😉 

1968 was the year of the pitcher...McLain won 31 games (the last 30 game winner in the major leagues...the NL hasn't had one since Dizzy Dean in 1934 for the Cardinals "Gashouse Gang") and Gibson had a 1.12 ERA. That was supposed to be the marquee matchup in the World Series...

But Micky Lolich stole the show winning 3 games, including game 7 when the Cards Gold Glove center fielder, Curt Flood, played a Mickey Stanley fly ball into a triple...

Remember it like it was yesterday...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

1968 was the year of the pitcher...McLain won 31 games (the last 30 game winner in the major leagues...the NL hasn't had one since Dizzy Dean in 1934 for the Cardinals "Gashouse Gang") and Gibson had a 1.12 ERA. That was supposed to be the marquee matchup in the World Series...

But Micky Lolich stole the show winning 3 games, including game 7 when the Cards Gold Glove center fielder, Curt Flood, played a Mickey Stanley fly ball into a triple...

Remember it like it was yesterday...

Speaking of the Cardinals, how about those White Sox?

• Haha 1

Reds up 2-0 in the 6th against Washington with 1 out and Bell is taking out Mahle.  He just gave up a bloop single that barely made it to the out field.  That was just the 2nd hit he has given up.  Just don't understand why managers take out a pitcher at the first sign of trouble.

Also to spark the offense he put Surez into the lead off spot.  Surez had the worst hatting average of any qualified Batter in the NL and leads the league in K's.  That does look like who you should have batting lead off but Surez did just hit a home run.