2021 MLB Season

5fouls

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not the length of the game that is the problem but the pace of it.  There is just to much dead time in the game for people to keep their attention.  Between all the walks and K's and pitching changes a lot of people won't watch the whole game

I don't know...when I attend games, that "dead time" is always a good time to hunt up the beer guy...

PS I know you don't drink, @IU Scott but nachos, or a barker? 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is not the length of the game that is the problem but the pace of it.  There is just to much dead time in the game for people to keep their attention.  Between all the walks and K's and pitching changes a lot of people won't watch the whole game

If you are watching on TV, the dead time hurts the game.

If you are at the ballpark, the dead time is part of what baseball great.  It provides time for conversation to connect with those you are at the park with.  As a father, I enjoy watching live baseball more than basketball and football because we have time to talk.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you are at the ballpark, the dead time is part of what baseball great.  It provides time for conversation to connect with those you are at the park with.  As a father, I enjoy watching live baseball more than basketball and football because we have time to talk.  

I agree especially for us older guys but the younger crowd are looking at their phones

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Flaherty’s injury may be a blessing in disguise. If he’s out for a month plus which looks likely, management will have to bring in some arms for both the rotation and the bullpen. 

They should call the Reds for bullpen help.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

I guess this is baseball related. No cash allowed at Wrigley....and none of the vendors have the debit card machines with them...or at least very few do. My buddy was there yesterday. Left in the 2nd to get a beer....got back by the 4th. Long lines for everything. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Amen Bro.  Nothing better than taking the kids to a baseball game.  

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I laugh....but that could happen.

I'm thinking we are getting into the 30-45 days of the season where teams are going to position to be buyers or sellers. I'm real interested in what the Cubs do if we go .500 over this 17 game stretch. Will we be selling like the cheap a-- Ricketts were this off season....or will they act like a large market team and add. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm thinking we are getting into the 30-45 days of the season where teams are going to position to be buyers or sellers. I'm real interested in what the Cubs do if we go .500 over this 17 game stretch. Will we be selling like the cheap a-- Ricketts were this off season....or will they act like a large market team and add. 

TBH, I think the Cubs could be sellers and still win the division.  Think about it for a tad.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rico said:

TBH, I think the Cubs could be sellers and still win the division.  Think about it for a tad.  

Not sure what I think of that scenario. We dump Darvish for guys who won't be in the league until 23 at the earliest...and still win would give ownership the idea their offseason plan was the smart way....which it most certainly wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure what I think of that scenario. We dump Darvish for guys who won't be in the league until 23 at the earliest...and still win would give ownership the idea their offseason plan was the smart way....which it most certainly wasn't.

Not what I am saying.  Hypothetical and using some Reds as examples.

The Cubs "could" trade Baez to Cincy for Suarez.  Gino would give them a controllable 3B/SS that is a former AS and the Reds get what is a salary dump.  

Bryant and prospects to the Reds for Jesse Winker.

You catch my drift?

The Cubbies could deal their future FA's for some fine talent that is controllable and pretty dang good(cheaper) as well as MLB proven.  The Reds may be a bad example as a trading partner but I am sure the Cubs can come up with other partners.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Not what I am saying.  Hypothetical and using some Reds as examples.

The Cubs "could" trade Baez to Cincy for Suarez.  Gino would give them a controllable 3B/SS that is a former AS and the Reds get what is a salary dump.  

Bryant and prospects to the Reds for Jesse Winker.

You catch my drift?

The Cubbies could deal their future FA's for some fine talent that is controllable and pretty dang good(cheaper) as well as MLB proven.  The Reds may be a bad example as a trading partner but I am sure the Cubs can come up with other partners.

Yep. Understand. I just don't want to get into the salary dump business. Especially as a team who should be spending like the Dodgers. 

Well the Reds bullpen took a 4-3 defecit to a 10-3 defecit in .2 innings by giving up 6 runs in the 6th inning.  They have given up 3 home runs in the inning and  Garrett is a total disaster.  The bad thing is that they have nothing better to bring up from the minors because their front office is so inept.

Edited by IU Scott