2021 MLB Season

5fouls

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As a father, I enjoy watching live baseball more than basketball and football because we have time to talk.

6 hours ago, rico said:

Amen Bro.  Nothing better than taking the kids to a baseball game.  

Got that right...my oldest even picked going to a game (Rangers-White Sox...Cubs were on the road) to go to for her 21st birthday...She said she wanted me to buy her first legal beer at the ballpark...

What a fun night for the whole family...

Now, she goes over to St Louis (lives in southwestern Illinois) every time the Cubs are in town, passing the tradition on my grandson...They both defiantly wear their Cubs gear...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

What a total embarrassment the Reds were tonight.  They ended up using two position players to pitch because their bullpen was horrible.  All together the bullpen and the other two position players gave up 13 runs in 4.1 innings and the Refs are down 17-3 going to the bottom of the 9th.  Blandino a SS has pitched in 4 games so far this year which is insane

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What a total embarrassment the Reds were tonight.  They ended up using two position players to pitch because their bullpen was horrible.  All together the bullpen and the other two position players gave up 13 runs in 4.1 innings and the Refs are down 17-3 going to the bottom of the 9th.  Blandino a SS has pitched in 4 games so far this year which is insane

The only way the Reds are going to contend is if they address that team ERA.  And address it ASAP.  

32 minutes ago, rico said:

The Cubs are clicking on all cylinders.  #en fuego

Didn't see a 3 game sweep of Padres coming to kick off a tough 17 game stretch. I'll take 7-7 right now over next 14 and call it a day. Odd part is we've been doing this down a few guys. I'm happy but we'll see where things stand on July 1st.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Worried about injuries tbh. Losing our ace doesn’t help an already shaky rotation. 

The Reds bullpen, sans Antone, for a bag of used baseballs.  

Edit:  After all, your HOF catcher would surely make all-stars out of every last one of them.  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

A "did you know?" for our friend @Stlboiler23...

There were 2 really good young catchers that hailed from the Signal Hill Italian neighborhood in St Louis in the early 40s...Joe Garagiola and Yogi Berra who were best friends. The Cardinals chose to sign Garagiola...

One of them is in the HoF...😁

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds bullpen, sans Antone, for a bag of used baseballs.  

Edit:  After all, your HOF catcher would surely make all-stars out of every last one of them.  :coffee:

Listening to the game tonight and Jeff Brantley said the first team Molina tried out for was the Reds.  Johnny Bench told the front office that you should sign this kid.

• Like 1

Ate today's pitchers being babied touch.  Listening to the he refs tonight the Refs announcers were talking about how Anyone and Sims probably won't be able to pitch in the next 2 games.  They both pitched two innings innings last night so when did pitching two innings become a lot of innings.  Refs were trying to hold on to a 4-1 lead in the 8th and had to go to Hendrix and Hembree since Antone and Sims can't pitch tonight