2021 MLB Season

5fouls

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds can never do anything easy.  Going into the bottom of the 9th and up 6-1 the had to hold on to win 6-4 and the Cardinals had two on but Goldschmidt struck out

Hopefully this series is enough of a wake-up call for our front office to make a move. Yikes. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hopefully this series is enough of a wake-up call for our front office to make a move. Yikes. 

I see Kim went down last night with an injury.  Appears your rotation is in injury shambles.  You guys need TOR help.  I imagine that Scherzer would be your top target?  After that I dunno, but imo you need 2 starters.  StL sits in 3rd place now, and in danger of falling further behind.  Time to break out the pixie dust.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I see Kim went down last night with an injury.  Appears your rotation is in injury shambles.  You guys need TOR help.  I imagine that Scherzer would be your top target?  After that I dunno, but imo you need 2 starters.  StL sits in 3rd place now, and in danger of falling further behind.  Time to break out the pixie dust.

Would love to bring Scherzer in. 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, it is getting out of hand.  A guy can't say anything anymore without the "police" coming around.

Or maybe Stroman's tweet had an ulterior motive?

"Stroman responded on his Twitter account by first suggesting that his HDHM apparel brand would soon begin selling du-rags."

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Or maybe Stroman's tweet had an ulterior motive?

"Stroman responded on his Twitter account by first suggesting that his HDHM apparel brand would soon begin selling du-rags."

I dunno, they just need to shut up and play ball.

• Like 1

Losing the first two of a very tough road trip isn't ideal. With revenge seeking Padres up next Cubs really, really need a win tonight and tomorrow or all of the good work we did in May could be out the window. 

Guess Jake was throwing up all afternoon before and after game. Food poisoning or something. Explains the batting practice he was throwing early.

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And now Yadi left with an injury. Hey at this point let’s just go ahead and get swept. Make the front office have to do something. 

It ain't even the all-star break yet.  Their trade partners would be limited.

11 hours ago, rico said:

Can someone please explain to me why the Reds let Gausman walk away?  The dude looked like a CYA winner tonight against the Cubs.

No clue. 3 straight games Cubs have been in lead. 3 straight losses. Giants are MLB best 14-18 after being down in games. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue. 3 straight games Cubs have been in lead. 3 straight losses. Giants are MLB best 14-18 after being down in games. 

Btw...the top of the 9th got pretty interesting with a comedy of errors by Frisco.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can’t remember the last time being so embarrassed in one series. Good grief this is pathetic. 

I just walked down to the man cave and couldn't find the remote.  Took me a good 3-4 minutes to find it.  Finally got it turned on shortly after Winker's second bomb.  Now, missing something like that is a TRAGEDY.  

Do you feel sorry for me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I just walked down to the man cave and couldn't find the remote.  Took me a good 3-4 minutes to find it.  Finally got it turned on shortly after Winker's second bomb.  Now, missing something like that is a TRAGEDY.  

Do you feel sorry for me?

A little bit yeah. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I hope Bell allows Miley to go 7-8 innings today.  With this type of game, Miley should be in cruise control and pitch efficient.  He's not going to give up this lead, but the bullpen might.  

I was thinking the same thing...let that bullpen "rest"

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I hope Bell allows Miley to go 7-8 innings today.  With this type of game, Miley should be in cruise control and pitch efficient.  He's not going to give up this lead, but the bullpen might.  

56 minutes ago, rico said:

I was thinking the same thing...let that bullpen "rest"

And.....Bell takes him out after 5.