2021 MLB Season

5fouls

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Really tough call on what to do because despite our leading the NL Central this team isn't on the Dodgers level. Or honestly most of those teams mentioned in the article. 

Depending on day part of me says trade Bryant and Kimbrel for massive haul.....and another part of me says we should be adding a starter and find another outfield bat and make a run at playoffs. If we just didn't dump Darvish the decision would be so much easier.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All I know is he's earned every day playing time. We haven't seen a kid do this since Schwarber in 2015 when he was called up. Happ can take a seat or just be a starter for when the other guys need a rest.

Wisdom isn't exactly a kid.  Saw somewhere where he is 29.  

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Crane Kenney was just on radio and said Cubs will definitely lose money this year even with full attendance starting Friday. He quickly added money won't be a factor in midseason moves. Haha. Tell me another funny one Crane.

I don't see how teams actually lose money, at least not significant money, with the TV revenue being what it is.  

OK gents.  You have been promoted to the GM of your favorite team.  What do you change?  Whether it be lineup, trade, coaching staff, uniforms, or concessions.  

And, be specific.  Don't just say "I would trade for Babe Ruth".  What are you giving up to acquire the Bambino?  And, is it realistically something the Yankees would have accepted had Ruth actually still been playing at peak level.    

Edited by 5fouls

Since I started this new job I have listened to a lot of Reds games.  During the Cardinal series they hit 8 Red batters and Jeff Brantley think it is time for the Reds pitchers to do something about it. For the season the Cardinals pitchers had hit 14 Reds batters.  Brantley wants the Reds pitchers to stand up for their teammates 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

OK gents.  You have been promoted to the GM of your favorite team.  What do you change?  Whether it be lineup, trade, coaching staff, uniforms, or concessions.  

And, be specific.  Don't just say "I would trade for Babe Ruth".  What are you giving up to acquire the Bambino?  And, is it realistically something the Yankees would have accepted had Ruth actually still been playing at peak level.    

I like for the Reds to put Antone in the starting rotation.  I would like for Bell to learn how to handle his pitching staff.  Don't know what names but the Reds have to go out and get at least 2 or 3 relievers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds glaring weakness is their bullpen.  I would use Naquin, Aquino, and Senzel to acquire such needed arms.  

*-My GM wizardry only applies if Cincy remains in the race.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I wouldn't have traded Darvish for starters...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Reds lose 5-1 and the main difference was the bullpen.

Brewers Bullpen- 3.2 IP, 0 runs, 1 hit, 3 walks.

Refs Bullpen- 6IP, 5 runs, 6 hits, 7 walks, 2 intentional walks. 

Also Bell messed with a win streak by changing the lineup with bringing Votto back into the lineup and not starting Naquin.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 5-1 and the main difference was the bullpen.

Brewers Bullpen- 3.2 IP, 0 runs, 1 hit, 3 walks.

Refs Bullpen- 6IP, 5 runs, 6 hits, 7 walks, 2 intentional walks. 

Also Bell messed with a win streak by changing the lineup with bringing Votto back into the lineup and not starting Naquin.

The bullpen is a given but you aren't going to win a bunch of games scoring 1 run.