2021 MLB Season

5fouls

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nice quick game by MLB standards. Do postgame interviews and get on the bird to Mets who have the best home record in baseball I believe. 

All gravy for me. All I wanted was 9-8 for this 17 game stretch. 9-4 headed into see the Mets. Split and I'm cool.

And the Brewers continue to win...

• Like 1

And just as I say Zach Davies isn't setting the world on fire, he goes and pitches a gem against the hated Deadbirds...

If the Deadbirds keep playing the way they are, maybe on their logo they should replace the bat the Cardinals are sitting on with a broom :D 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And just as I say Zach Davies isn't setting the world on fire, he goes and pitches a gem against the hated Deadbirds...

Hmmmm.  Davies is a very serviceable MLB pitcher.  I would call him a #3.

And to the Cards:

https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2021/6/14/22532744/cardinals-should-remain-pat-and-let-current-team-determine-season

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, good description...Hdd been having his issues this year before yesterday...

Look at it this way...the Brewers had him.  LOL  I think in a normal year he is gonna give ya 15+ wins and an ERA below 4.  Well above average for the way the game is today.

I absolutely love Hendricks.  The guy is a gamer.  

Arrietta is a bona fide stud...when he is on.  The CYA speaks for itself.

ALzolay, to me, is an absolute gem of a young SP.  Besides, I love the name Adbert.

You guys are sitting well with the starting staff from my pov.  Just 1 more quality starter and he doesn't have to be a #1 or #2.  Somebody like Matthew Boyd would fit the bill and prolly be had on the cheap.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, good description...Hdd been having his issues this year before yesterday...

13 starts and 60 innings pitched before yesterday. Yep. He's definitely had some issues. Hopefully he found something because in the past few years the only team he beat was us ironically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Look at it this way...the Brewers had him.  LOL  I think in a normal year he is gonna give ya 15+ wins and an ERA below 4.  Well above average for the way the game is today.

I absolutely love Hendricks.  The guy is a gamer.  

Arrietta is a bona fide stud...when he is on.  The CYA speaks for itself.

ALzolay, to me, is an absolute gem of a young SP.  Besides, I love the name Adbert.

You guys are sitting well with the starting staff from my pov.  Just 1 more quality starter and he doesn't have to be a #1 or #2.  Somebody like Matthew Boyd would fit the bill and prolly be had on the cheap.

Scherzer. Everything else is a failure. Haha. Or I'd take 2-3 whatever Rays prospects they won't be able to afford down the road. They seem to find about 4 starters in every draft.