2021 MLB Season

5fouls

On 6/16/2021 at 8:50 AM, Reacher said:

I was watching that game. Looks like he will be out awhile. Wonder how the Rays will fare without him? It will be interesting to see which pitchers stay the same and which ones tail off a bit.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/15/mlb-unveils-plan-to-enforce-rules-on-cheating-with-sticky-balls.html

Looks like it is a dog fight between the Rays and the Red Sawks!

My Yankees? They're struggling to be above .500. Judge and Stanton trade places on the IL.

3 hours ago, rico said:

per Jamie Ramsey @Jamieblog

Joey Votto is 61 hits away from 2,000; he’s 5 RBI away from 1,000. Votto collected his 300th home run on April 30. According to EliasSports, Joey would be the first player to reach all 3 of those milestones in the same season since HOF’er Billy Williams did it in 1971.

Working for Elias Sports must be so cool.  

I also love it when Tim Kurkjian is calling a game because he sprinkles in great little nuggets like this during the broadcast.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Got home hoping to see the last few innings of the Refs and Padres and saw Bally Sports is showing the Indiana Fever.  They are the worst team in the WNBA and it is a rerun from earlier in the night.  

Reds ate down 1-0 in the 7th.  Miley had a no hitter until Tatis hot a home in the 6th.  Reds offense the last 3 games has disappeared because they have stopped working the pitchers and making easy outs early in the count

Reds bullpen totally imploded in the bottom of the 9th with them giving tup 2 2 run homers to lose 6-4.  Have no idea what is wrong with Garrett because he has been awful all year.  The last 6 games the bullpen had pitched 18. Innings and only gave up 3 runs but they gave up 4 runs in .1 innings in the 9th.

I just hope losing a game in this fashion does not start a down slide since they have played do well lately.  Still has three more games in SD and then 2 at Minnesota.  I know when you make a  schedule you have to look at every team but how the Refs road trip was scheduled is ridiculous.  Played at Milwaukee then go to SD and then go back across the country to Minnesota

Edited by IU Scott

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen totally imploded in the bottom of the 9th with them giving tup 2 2 run homers to lose 6-4.  Have no idea what is wrong with Garrett because he has been awful all year.  The last 6 games the bullpen had pitched 18. Innings and only gave up 3 runs but they gave up 4 runs in .1 innings in the 9th.

I just hope losing a game in this fashion does not start a down slide since they have played do well lately.  Still has three more games in SD and then 2 at Minnesota.  I know when you make a  schedule you have to look at every team but how the Refs road trip was scheduled is ridiculous.  Played at Milwaukee then go to SD and then go back across the country to Minnesota

Painful loss for sure.  No time to dwell on it.  

I don't know how much longer the Refs can just keep putting Suarez in the lineup every night.  Last year in 57 games he hit .202 and in 65 games this year he is at .161.  I couldn't care less about his 14 home runs.  To start the season he went 4-50 with RISP. And you can't have that with a player who hays in the middle of the lineup.  When I heard his goal lady year and this year was to hit 50 homers I knew the Refs was in trouble.  He is more worried about home runs over making contact.

Well it was fun while it lasted but the Refs are back to their old selves especially the bullpen. Going to the 9th they are down 8-2 and the bullpen had given up 5 runs in 5 innings.  The offense hasn't been much better the last 4 games.  They scored 10 runs in the first game of the road trip but they have only scored 10 in the last 4 games.

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty tough to compare against different time periods don’t you think? 40% caught stealing is damn good. 

That's true...Yadi never played against a Lou Brock, a Tim Raines, a Maury Wills, a Rickey Henderson, or a Vince Coleman. As a matter of fact, I doubt he's ever played against anybody who is in the top 50 career wise.

Sure, the game has made the stolen base less of a weapon than it used to be, but those before him had to face the very best at their craft...not a bunch of wanna be home run hitters who only steal bases as a last resort...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That's true...Yadi never played against a Lou Brock, a Tim Raines, a Maury Wills, a Rickey Henderson, or a Vince Coleman. As a matter of fact, I doubt he's ever played against anybody who is in the top 50 career wise.

Sure, the game has made the stolen base less of a weapon than it used to be, but those before him had to face the very best at their craft...not a bunch of wanna be home run hitters who only steal bases as a last resort...

I was gonna mention this earlier but you "stole" my thunder!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well it was fun while it lasted but the Refs are back to their old selves especially the bullpen. Going to the 9th they are down 8-2 and the bullpen had given up 5 runs in 5 innings.  The offense hasn't been much better the last 4 games.  They scored 10 runs in the first game of the road trip but they have only scored 10 in the last 4 games.

Hey never fear.  This is the NL Central.  First team to 81 wins!

Reds lose their 3rd straight on SF losing 7-5.  The bullpen gave up a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 8th to Tatis backup.  Tatis went out with a shoulder injury but to the bullpen it didn't matter  Twice the Reds pitchers got the first two batters out but gave up a 3 run double and a 2 run homer.  You have to be able to finish off an inning once you got the first to batters out.  In the 3 games the Reds have been outscored 21-11 and out homered 10-1.; 

They are now 9-18 against the west and are 10 games over .500 against the rest of baseball