2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Holy Cow Batman!!!

The Yanks turned their 3rd triple play of the season!! It couldn't have come at a more important time of the game. The Yanks had a 2-1 lead on the Oakland A's. The top of the 9th and in comes Chapman, (man it's a real adventure when he is in), and promptly has runners on 1st and 2nd base with no outs. He induces the hitter to hit a smash to 3rd base and BOOM!! A triple play to end the game!! The Yankees also managed to take the series 2 games to 1. 

How sweet it is!!!

Video if you're interested:
Yankees turn third triple play of season for series win.html

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 1

Reds just got swept in a four game series to SD 3-2 in today's game.  For me baseball has to be the most frustrating sport to he a fan of in all of sports.  Even if your team is good you will have to go throughout 65-70 losses a year.  For anyone who Hates losing it is tough to follow your baseball team.

The Reds came into this series having won 13 out of 16 and 6 straight.  SD was coming in having list 13 out of 17 and only scoring 30 runs in those 13 losses.  It appears the Reds can beat the bad to mediocre teams but can't beat the contenders.

Edited by IU Scott

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yadi throws a guy out from his knees today lol. When will they learn?

Waive the 5 year waiting period for HOF election. 

Hell, just rename the thing '  Yadi's Hall of Fame, also Including Other Baseball Players'. 

Cooperstown?  How about Molinaville instead?

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We will see what the Reds is made up over the next 11 game home stand.  They still have two games on the road trip at Minnesota but after that it gets really tough.

Atlanta 4 games.

Philadelphia 1 game make up.

SD 3 games.

Cubs 3 games

July 4th, 1979.  The Reds just got beat by Houston losing their 4th in a row and putting them 10.5 GB in the standings with a 41-41 record.  Cincy would go onto to finish with a 90-71 record and the NL West title.

Point being, let's just see how they stand at the AS break.  Plenty of ball to be played.

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The old saying use to go, "You're going to win 50, and you're going to lose 50. It's what you do with the other 62 that counts." 

I chose a good week to be gone. Cubs went back into no contact hitting it seems. Side note...Jake might be rapidly approaching the end game. Hate to see it but he's losing it. Cubs might need 2 starters now as we approach July trade deadline.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I chose a good week to be gone. Cubs went back into no contact hitting it seems. Side note...Jake might be rapidly approaching the end game. Hate to see it but he's losing it. Cubs might need 2 starters now as we approach July trade deadline.

Me thinks the Cubbies might be missing Kyle Schwarber???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Just tied Johnny Bench in hits today. Not too shabby. 

Let's get one thing straight right here and now.  Molina couldn't carry Bench's jockstrap.  Yadier couldn't carry Carter's or Fisk's either.  Nor could he carry Munson's.  

Molina is just fortunate that he plays in this era.  Pure and simple.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I sure do....but that's hindsight. The band had to be broken up just wish it wasn't him. He looks slim downed a bit too and yes I miss his 18 home runs for sure.

The Cubs should have moved him to 1st and gotten rid of Rizzo...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bench's peers 

Sanguillen 

Simmons 

Boone 

Fisk 

Munson 

Freehan 

Carter 

Sundberg

Besides Posey and Mauer, are there any catchers in the "Yadi Era" deserving or near HoF merit?

You missed a couple of guys in the Bench era!  LOL

And no.  Mauer and Posey are the only guys I can think of myself and they are/were better than Molina.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

Let's get one thing straight right here and now.  Molina couldn't carry Bench's jockstrap.  Yadier couldn't carry Carter's or Fisk's either.  Nor could he carry Munson's.  

Molina is just fortunate that he plays in this era.  Pure and simple.

I mean I agree he’s not on par offensively but Yadi’s defense would’ve carried over to any era. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

You missed a couple of guys in the Bench era!  LOL

And no.  Mauer and Posey are the only guys I can think of myself and they are/were better than Molina.  

I tried to keep it to guys who were at least worthy of HOF debate. No Grotes, Hundleys, Dietzs, Yeagers or Fosses...

• Like 1