2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Reds lose 5th in a row losing 7-5 in 11 to the Twins. Reds scored 2 in the top of the 10th to take a 5-3 but David Bell brings in the human batting tee in Sean Doolittle.   He gave up two runs without getting and out and all Doolittle throws is a 90 mph fastball.  In the 11th the Twins has a guy on 3rd with one out and instead of walking Sano he pitched to him and he hit a 2 run homer.  I am sorry but David Bell has to go.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 5th in a row losing 7-5 in 11 to the Twins. Reds scored 2 in the top of the 10th to take a 5-3 but David Bell brings in the human batting tee in Sean Doolittle.   He gave up two runs without getting and out and all Doolittle throws is a 90 mph fastball.  In the 11th the Twins has a guy on 3rd with one out and instead of walking Sano he pitched to him and he hit a 2 run homer.  I am sorry but David Bell has to go.

Aside from Bell's ineptitude, the Reds FO is to blame for the lack of quality BP arms.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Cubs' Baez with the "faux pas" of the week.  LOL  Losing track of outs?  Nice to hear the Wrigley faithful voice their opinion.

Tough stretch for entire team and it's only getting more difficult with Dodgers/Brewers coming up. Luckily no one else is winning in the NL Central.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Cubs' Baez with the "faux pas" of the week.  LOL  Losing track of outs?  Nice to hear the Wrigley faithful voice their opinion.

I remember a similar-ish situation happening in a Cubs/Cards game a while back. Cards had a runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs and the batter hit a pretty shallow pop up that Starlin Castro had to go back on but was an easy play. He was super nonchalant and the runner noticed and scored for a sac fly. Maddon benched him immediately lol. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kyle Schwarber again to start off tonight. I think that's 19. Dude is on an absolute heater. Only time I saw him like this was in 15 when he was called up. Waiting, waiting, and waiting for his pitch to drive. Awesome to see!

Now, he just hit a 3 run bomb in 2nd.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Now, he just hit a 3 run bomb in 2nd.  

Per CBS

Schwarber became the first player in major league history to homer 11 times in a 13-game span from the No. 1 slot in the batting order, according to STATS. He became the fourth player with eight home runs and 15 RBIs in a five-game span, joining Shawn Green, Manny Ramirez and Frank Howard.

• Like 1