2021 MLB Season

5fouls

2 hours ago, rico said:

Cubs toss a combined no-no against the Dodgers.  Davies and 3 relievers get the deed done.  

That ties the record for no hit games in a season, and we're not even at the All Star break yet...

"Look what they've done to my game Ma." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

That ties the record for no hit games in a season, and we're not even at the All Star break yet...

"Look what they've done to my game Ma." 

Funny part was I don't think our bullpen even knew there was a no hitter going on based on reactions. Oh well. Love getting it done and more importantly first win of the series. Whenever the Cubs travel West I usually expect the worse because with exception of 2016 playoffs we just never play well past the Rocky Mountains.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs are 12-12 on the month with a very tough schedule. They also hit .188 which is the lowest batting average in any month since 1900. Just like with many things in baseball. Happy or sad. 

Better than the dumpster fire team I follow right now lol. Just lost 5 of 6 to the Tigers and Pirates. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Better than the dumpster fire team I follow right now lol. Just lost 5 of 6 to the Tigers and Pirates. 

Short funeral for me but yep. Brutal. Might just be one of those trade deadlines where you have to build for down the road because of injuries.

PS...Kershaw is first pitcher to have 12K's on breaking balls in a game this season. Combine that with .188 batting average for June I'm back to rebuild mode again. Standings be damned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I will follow up with all the negative about your team with my Reds.  Two weeks ago we swept the Brewers to move to 2 games out of first.  Now we are 6 games out with 7 more games on this home stand, 1 Phillies, 3 SD and 3 vs the Cubs.  We need win at least 4 if not 5 but very doubtful.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

PS...Kershaw is first pitcher to have 12K's on breaking balls in a game this season. Combine that with .188 batting average for June I'm back to rebuild mode again. Standings be damned. 

I see the Fort Wayne kid touched you guys up with a Grand Salami....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I will follow up with all the negative about your team with my Reds.  Two weeks ago we swept the Brewers to move to 2 games out of first.  Now we are 6 games out with 7 more games on this home stand, 1 Phillies, 3 SD and 3 vs the Cubs.  We need win at least 4 if not 5 but very doubtful.

The Padres series hurt...but give credit where credit is due.  The Brew Crew seems to have their stuff together.

1 hour ago, rico said:

The Brew Crew seems to have their stuff together.

Well, yeah...in their last 26 games they're 2-4 against the Reds and 16-4 against the likes of the Tigers, D-Backs, Pirates, and Rockies...

They have a stretch coming up that'll tell how good they really are...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, yeah...in their last 26 games they're 2-4 against the Reds and 16-4 against the likes of the Tigers, D-Backs, Pirates, and Rockies...

They have a stretch coming up that'll tell how good they really are...

Yep.  Cubs, Pirates, Mets, Reds, and Reds again...

17 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were talking about the Yankees??

They got swept (again), by the Red Sawks. They beat the "Ace" yesterday by hitting 3 dingers! Plus DJ has been a big disappointment. Figures, after he signed his big off-season deal. Guess he figured he would put it in cruise control.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were talking about the Yankees??

They got swept (again), by the Red Sawks. They beat the "Ace" yesterday by hitting 3 dingers! Plus DJ has been a big disappointment. Figures, after he signed his big off-season deal. Guess he figured he would put it in cruise control.....

We can share in our misery together eh?

Well the all the hats woke up with the Refs now up 12-4 going to the 9th.  Castellanos got another RBI with a double and will finish with 7rbi.  At least found a team with a worse bullpen than the Reds with the Phillies.  The first deliver did well going 4 innings and only giving up 1 run but in the last two innings they gave up 10 runs

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well at least 1 bat awoke with Castellanos hitting a grand slam with two outs in the 7th.  He had all 6;rbi's tonight.

Per CBS...

Castellanos, Tyler Naquin and Jesse Winker have collected six-plus RBIs in a game this season, making the Reds the first big league team to have three different outfielders with a six-RBI game before the All-Star break, according to STATS.

• Like 1