2021 MLB Season

5fouls

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Freaking unreal hot streak.  

Absolutely crazy. The two he hit last night were completely different pitches so it's not like he's just waiting for 1 pitch in 1 zone to drive either. Maybe it's contract year motivation. Maybe change of scenery. Whatever it is it's starting to remind me of the summer of Sosa/Mac...where every day or every other day they were going deep.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely crazy. The two he hit last night were completely different pitches so it's not like he's just waiting for 1 pitch in 1 zone to drive either. Maybe it's contract year motivation. Maybe change of scenery. Whatever it is it's starting to remind me of the summer of Sosa/Mac...where every day or every other day they were going deep.

It is a bit premature to say the Cubs messed up with Kyle, but dang it is trending in that direction.  Be a helluva note if Schwarber ends up in the HoF and none of the other guys they held onto do.  The curse of the "Schwarmachine" about to be levied on the Cubbies?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rico said:

It is a bit premature to say the Cubs messed up with Kyle, but dang it is trending in that direction.  Be a helluva note if Schwarber ends up in the HoF and none of the other guys they held onto do.  The curse of the "Schwarmachine" about to be levied on the Cubbies?

Always wish Kyle well. Hope he cashes in big this offseason because at this clip there will many suitors. Especially in American League. 

We have multiple problems though that have forced moves like this. Biggest is Heyward's Contract, shipping Yu for $5, continued belief in Happ....and a systemic approach at the plate by our core that just hasn't worked or will work.

Honestly our most tradeable asset right now is peak Kimbrel. Some team out there will try to get him similar to our move for Chapman in 16. Problem is if we dump him....does that mean we dump the rest? All I know that today I'm back in rebuild mode. Might change in a month but when a team bats .185 for a month. I don't want to keep running the same guys up there week after week...year after year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am afraid as a Reds fan that this will be the last year Castellanos will be on the Reds.  Since he can opt out which seems very likely we probably won't be able to match the offer.  Wonder if they will trade him at the deadline to get something good for him.

Go cry on Cubs' fans shoulders....

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am afraid as a Reds fan that this will be the last year Castellanos will be on the Reds.  Since he can opt out which seems very likely we probably won't be able to match the offer.  Wonder if they will trade him at the deadline to get something good for him.

Will take him in .2 seconds. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If they lose him at the end of the year, they lose him.  But, if they trade him during the season, I will cease being a Reds fan.  I can live with a 3rd place season as long as they try.  But, if they tank while still in contention, especially trading away a potential league MVP, I will be beyond pissed.

• Like 1

I really hate the shift and it cost the Refs one run in the 3rd and could have been worse.  SD had runner on 1st with one out and Caratini a lefty hit a routine ground ball right where the SS should be playing but no one was there.  It would have been an easy DP but it was a single.  Layer SD got a run on a Sacrifice fly.  By the way SD plays a fun game to watch and ate very fundamental.  They have hit two Sacrifice flies tonight and use their speed well.

It is early but so far SD is kicking the Reds ads once again. They have 5 runs on 9hits and it is only the 4th inning.  Got a feeling that this is the start of the Reds losing ground in the division.  They just can't compete with the good teams.  Like tonight the Refs should have the advantage of having SF starting a reliver but the Reds bat as been quite

Brewers beat Cubs with 2 hits. Last time Brewers won a game with 2 hits was a decade ago. Ross sits Rizzo and Bryant....with off day Thursday. Injuries apparently. If you believe that. Cubs lineup tonight looked like a Double A team....and of course Javy does his thing and swings at 3 out of zone pitches late with risp.

Really frustrating team. Good news is we have to be at the bottom. Only one way from here! 

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Suarez has been pretty much worthless the last two years.  Tonight he is 0-4 with 4 K's and an error.  His batting average coming in was .175 and was not much better last year

I don't know if you noticed or not but the Reds called up Lopez.  He is a 2B-3B with some experience at SS and LF.  The guy is a career .300+ hitter in the minors.  He batted .362 at Chattanooga before being promoted to Louisville.  He hit .358 with the Bats.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The story reads like a case of entrapment, but not what the Dodgers want either way.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31735425/los-angeles-dodgers-trevor-bauer-facing-allegations-assault

Talk about an "Indecent Proposal"  LOL

I shake my head every time a professional athlete gets into "domestic" trouble.  This one might be the strangest yet.

• Like 1