2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The story reads like a case of entrapment, but not what the Dodgers want either way.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31735425/los-angeles-dodgers-trevor-bauer-facing-allegations-assault

Guess everyone can spend their off days however they want but inviting randoms to your home to rough it is an indicator of something. SMH.

5 hours ago, rico said:

I don't know if you noticed or not but the Reds called up Lopez.  He is a 2B-3B with some experience at SS and LF.  The guy is a career .300+ hitter in the minors.  He batted .362 at Chattanooga before being promoted to Louisville.  He hit .358 with the Bats.

Yes, I saw that but they will probably just sit him on the bench and maybe play once a week.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Yes, I saw that but they will probably just sit him on the bench and maybe play once a week.

Well this my take...for as much grief as we give Suarez(rightfully so) it ain't like Farmer is tearing it up at SS.  And Moose is injured.  My heart says give Lopez a shot at 3B and move Geno to SS.  Now my head says keep Suarez at 3B and try Lopez at SS.  With India's solid play at 2B we are gonna have a problem when Moose comes back.

If you fail to see my point don't feel alone because I fail to see it myself.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Well this my take...for as much grief as we give Suarez(rightfully so) it ain't like Farmer is tearing it up at SS.  And Moose is injured.  My heart says give Lopez a shot at 3B and move Geno to SS.  Now my head says keep Suarez at 3B and try Lopez at SS.  With India's solid play at 2B we are gonna have a problem when Moose comes back.

If you fail to see my point don't feel alone because I fail to see it myself.

Suarez defense had been better at 3b than it was at SS.  Also they said Lopez really hasn't played SS do who knows how that would go.  At least Farmer makes all the plays defensively.  You use to could hide a light hitting SS who plays great defense bit can't do that today.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Suarez defense had been better at 3b than it was at SS.  Also they said Lopez really hasn't played SS do who knows how that would go.  At least Farmer makes all the plays defensively.  You use to could hide a light hitting SS who plays great defense bit can't do that today.

Offense usually trumps defense in baseball sans the catcher.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs are 15-0 when scoring 7+ runs in first inning since 1900. Arrieta continues his poor stretch, really losing h is stuff. Cubs up 7-6 but down two more players with Rizzo and Bryant already out. There are names in the game I've never heard of. Fun times!

Packers up 14-7.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What is bad is that the Refs went 17-12 in June and lost two games in the standings. They finished the month 4-9 and was only 2 games out if first 2 weeks ago 

We just got to hope they can play about .600 ball the rest of the way out.  

Well the Reds can't catch a break with rain delays.  Last night it didn't start raining until after SF took the lead in a grand slam.  Tonight Castillo had a no hitter through 4 and the Reds were up 2-0.  After the delay Castillo gave up 3 runs to n 1.1 innings.  Score is 3-3 in the top of the 8th.

All of these games against SD except one was a 1 or 2 run game so they have been close.  The main difference is the bullpen and that is why SD is good and the Refs are not

Well looks like the Reds is finding away to lose again with a throwing error by the rookie Lopez with two outs.  Also SD is a good ruining team and a stem base got them in scoring position before the error.

Last night the Reds brought in a lefty reliever with the bases loaded and we gave up a grand slam.  To ight we had the bases loaded in the 7th and Winker grounded out weakly not the second baseman.  A key play in tonight's game was in the 3rd and had already scored two runs and had the bases loaded. Stephenson was ahead in the count 3-0 and was against a guy who was just called up.  Stephenson swung on 3-0 and popped out.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well looks like the Reds is finding away to lose again with a throwing error by the rookie Lopez with two outs.  Also SD is a good ruining team and a stem base got them in scoring position before the error.

Last night the Reds brought in a lefty reliever with the bases loaded and we gave up a grand slam.  To ight we had the bases loaded in the 7th and Winker grounded out weakly not the second baseman.  A key play in tonight's game was in the 3rd and had already scored two runs and had the bases loaded. Stephenson was ahead in the count 3-0 and was against a guy who was just called up.  Stephenson swung on 3-0 and popped out.

That rookie also had 4 hits...and I am glad to see the Padres leave town.  Sonny gets the start tonight against the Cubs.

Looks like picture perfect weather for Cubs/Reds this weekend. Good thing is I won't be near a tv and cell service is spotty where we'll for part of the weekend. Hopefully a good series! One thing I know is Nick C will have 3 dongs and drive in around 8 this weekend.