2021 MLB Season

5fouls

So far in this game the Reds have is making another mediocre at best pitcher look like Cy Young. Mills has a 5.11 eta and over 7 on the road.  So far tonight he is shutting out the Refs in the 4th.  Mills for some reason pitches well against the Reds but not against anyone else.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you David Ross for the win tonight.  Why in the world you take out Mills with two outs in the 6th with a 2 hitter.  Even though there was guys on 1st and 2nd but the Refs hadn't hot him hard at all

Those damn Refs.  :coffee:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you David Ross for the win tonight.  Why in the world you take out Mills with two outs in the 6th with a 2 hitter.  Even though there was guys on 1st and 2nd but the Refs hadn't hot him hard at all

I am seeing Mills' pitch count total was 92.  Grandpa should have left him in.  The old bring in a lefty to face a lefty mentality.  Votto makes them pay.

So glad I haven't been able to watch these last couple of days...and surely won't be watching tomorrow. This Cubs team has a chance for a record though. I think if we get two more games of 8 or less hits we'll have the all time record of 22 games or more.

Sadly this is what a few of us saw early on. Small little hope against weak competition in May but this team is nothing better than average. I'll say the same thing I said in April. Anyone who finishes below this team besides the Pirates in the NL Central....reconsider your fandom. 

Back to cold beer and lake living for a couple more days. Enjoy your 4th everyone! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My father's day gift from my daughter. Great seats!!20210703_160641.thumb.jpg.c29b6bd16bca583301ec5e41815114a7.jpg

20210703_143907.jpg

My son got me tickets for Reds / Cardinals on July 24th for Father's Day.   Just he and I.  Leaving the ladies at home.  He got 7th row on first base line.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So glad I haven't been able to watch these last couple of days...and surely won't be watching tomorrow. This Cubs team has a chance for a record though. I think if we get two more games of 8 or less hits we'll have the all time record of 22 games or more.

Sadly this is what a few of us saw early on. Small little hope against weak competition in May but this team is nothing better than average. I'll say the same thing I said in April. Anyone who finishes below this team besides the Pirates in the NL Central....reconsider your fandom. 

Back to cold beer and lake living for a couple more days. Enjoy your 4th everyone! 

What lake are you hanging out at?

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My son got me tickets for Reds / Cardinals on July 24th for Father's Day.   Just he and I.  Leaving the ladies at home.  He got 7th row on first base line.  

I hate to admit it our seats were not supposed to be that good but we were standing there getting pics and such and the guy next to me says those seats won't be used today if you want to stay. We had front row for the home game.

20210703_182513.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I hate to admit it our seats were not supposed to be that good but we were standing there getting pics and such and the guy next to me says those seats won't be used today if you want to stay. We had front row for the home game.

20210703_182513.jpg

Great picture.  When I was in high school, my dad knew someone who had front row tickets behind visitor dugout.  We got to use them 3 or 4 times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

What lake are you hanging out at?

Just down at Sweetwater. Friend of mine's family has a place. Kind of a hidden gem that most don't know about. Shhhh this comment will delete in 60 seconds. Haha. Less crowded. Easy place to get lost at for a few days. 

Happy for the Reds fans on here! Your team is still competing and winning. Mine? Every single loss is a reminder that our front office punted during the winter. 

Happy 4th of July to all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Happy for the Reds fans on here! Your team is still competing and winning. Mine? Every single loss is a reminder that our front office punted during the winter.

I can't say it enough that it will be extremely interesting to see how the Cubs navigate the trade deadline.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rico said:

I can't say it enough that it will be extremely interesting to see how the Cubs navigate the trade deadline.  

I think it'll be a total purge...

The McRicketts will be so thrilled at the money being saved, they'll be pinching themselves with one hand, and pennies with the other...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rico said:

Who goes in your opinion?

For sure Bryant and Kimbrel...

Baez, Happ, Hayward (if possible due to that contract)and Contreras...I don't think Rizzo is going any where...

Hendricks and Davis if the price is right...

And the bullpen had been pretty good until lately...part them out for some young talent...

It'll be 3 years before we contend again, but we've been there before...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For sure Bryant and Kimberly...

Baez, Happ, Hayward (if possible due to that contract)and Contreras...I don't think Rizzo is going any where...

Hendricks and Davis if the price is right...

And the bullpen had been pretty good until lately...part them out for some young talent...

It'll be 3 years before we contend again, but we've been there before...

Hmmm, Rizzo stays.  Interesting.  Keep the more "tenured" guy.