2021 MLB Season

5fouls

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For sure Bryant and Kimbrel...

Baez, Happ, Hayward (if possible due to that contract)and Contreras...I don't think Rizzo is going any where...

Hendricks and Davis if the price is right...

And the bullpen had been pretty good until lately...part them out for some young talent...

It'll be 3 years before we contend again, but we've been there before...

Love to see the Reds get Kimberly but that would be a long shot

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just down at Sweetwater. Friend of mine's family has a place. Kind of a hidden gem that most don't know about. Shhhh this comment will delete in 60 seconds. Haha. Less crowded. Easy place to get lost at for a few days. 

Happy for the Reds fans on here! Your team is still competing and winning. Mine? Every single loss is a reminder that our front office punted during the winter. 

Happy 4th of July to all!

I’ll trade you Shildt for Ross. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I wasn’t sure before but now I’m convinced the Cards really don’t care about winning. After being subbed in late in the game last night and going 0-2 with 2 K’s, Matt Carpenter and his -0.7 WAR, 35% K-rate, and .588 OPS is hitting cleanup today. 🤮

Please try to keep the "metrics" out of any and all discussions...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you David Ross for taking out Hendricks after 6 innings after giving up only 1 run.  Hopefully the Reds will take advantage of this 

Three one run wins for the Redlegs.  And at the expense of those boys from Wrigleyville.  That's so much fun.   😋

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you David Ross for taking out Hendricks after 6 innings after giving up only 1 run.  Hopefully the Reds will take advantage of this 

I think it's more of my own frustration with front office but Ross has made some moves and lineup cards that are making me curious about him as a manager. Of course I don't he should be judged with what he was given. 

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Reds took advantage the second time this series that Ross took out a pitcher to early

Bingo! Our bullpen has been awesome this year so I get why he does it....but to lose 3 straight close game because starters pulled hurts to say the least. We have to be the only team in baseball history that loses 9 in a row after a no hitter was thrown. Haha.

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

For sure Bryant and Kimbrel...

Baez, Happ, Hayward (if possible due to that contract)and Contreras...I don't think Rizzo is going any where...

Hendricks and Davis if the price is right...

And the bullpen had been pretty good until lately...part them out for some young talent...

It'll be 3 years before we contend again, but we've been there before...

Maybe I'm reading into things a bit much but Jed has made a couple comments in public about his displeasure with guys who haven't been vaccinated. Namely Rizzo. I could see him getting shipped because mainly you don't give $ to aging guys who might on the decline....and as I mentioned Jed hasn't been real happy about the clubhouse leadership which is essentially Rizzo. 

To me it should be total purge. The farm system has some guys (mostly pitching) coming up soon. Bite the bullet. Trade everyone. Go Padres or Theo route....and set this thing up for start of 2023 season. 

I'd much rather do that instead of watching guys I love bat .188 per month. 

• Like 1

Well the Stankees are sure trying my fandom.

A couple of weeks ago, they were in the AL East fight. Now? They've are on a terrible losing streak, no thanks to Aroldis (washed up), Chapman. A few nights ago the Yanks had a 3 run lead against the LA Angels. In comes Chapman, and what does he do? Walks the first 3 batters and gives up a grand slam HR! The Angels scored like 9 runs in the inning to win 11-8.

Then yesterday he comes in against the Mets and is the losing pitcher!