2021 MLB Season

5fouls

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know you guys are mostly NL fans, but there was a good game last night between the Yanks and the Strohs at Minute Maid Park. Geritt Cole was on the mound against his former team. He pitched a 3 hit, striking out 12 batters, while throwing 129 pitches (the most of any ML pitcher this year) and shut out the Strohs 1-0!

Meanwhile Aaron Judge accounted for the only run of the game by hitting a HR. As Judge was rounding 3rd base, he is closing his jersey. And naturally, there was a chorus of boos.....

Well I saw where Boone  was going to take Cole out in the 9th but Cole was yelling at him so he stayed in

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I saw where Boone  was going to take Cole out in the 9th but Cole was yelling at him so he stayed in

You are absolutely right, and supposedly, Cole let loose of some "colorful" language. Can't say as I blame him though as the relief pitching has been downright awful for the Yankees In todays game against the Strohs, the Yanks were cruising along with a 7-2 lead and Chad Green lost the game 8-7 with a walk-off 3 run HR by the midget! This has happened waaay too many times this season. Hell they gave up 9 runs in a game to lose earlier this season.

Damn it!!

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

23 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know you guys are mostly NL fans, but there was a good game last night between the Yanks and the Strohs at Minute Maid Park. Geritt Cole was on the mound against his former team. He pitched a 3 hit, striking out 12 batters, while throwing 129 pitches (the most of any ML pitcher this year) and shut out the Strohs 1-0!

Meanwhile Aaron Judge accounted for the only run of the game by hitting a HR. As Judge was rounding 3rd base, he is closing his jersey. And naturally, there was a chorus of boos.....

A little turn about is fair play here.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31802642/houston-astros-get-last-laugh-jose-altuve-caps-6-run-inning-walking-new-york-yankees?platform=amp

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, rico said:

As well he should...it was a stupid thing to say...

Someone might want to clue Stephen in that they have "major leagues" in Japan and Korea too...

And to bring McGwire and Sosa into it? Good Lord...

I'm not a Stephen A Smith hater...I actually agree with him a lot, but he's peein' into the breeze here...

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

As well he should...it was a stupid thing to say...

Someone might want to clue Stephen in that they have "major leagues" in Japan and Korea too...

And to bring McGwire and Sosa into it? Good Lord...

I'm not a Stephen A Smith hater...I actually agree with him a lot, but he's peein' into the breeze here...

I am on Smith's side on this one.  MLB is based here...speak English.  

40 minutes ago, rico said:

I am on Smith's side on this one.  MLB is based here...speak English.  

I enjoy watching Ohtani play...whatever language he's comfortable with is ok with me...

I've been in crowds where I was the one trying to speak a foreign language, and believe me, it'll make you self conscious...I can't even imagine trying to do it with a microphone stuck in my face...

Edited by IUFLA

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It was a non-story until Stephen A made it one...

Props to him though...he screwed up, owned up, and the story should be dead...

Meh...

The one thing I will say is that Stephen A. wandered afield of his "expertise."  MLB is not his forte.  He isn't qualified to talk about the sport.  I will also add that a "language barrier" is nothing new to MLB.  Foreign born players have been around for quite a considerable time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Can't figure it out. The relievers are imploding. I mean they went in to the 9th with a 5 run lead, and end up losing the game, no thanks to the effin' midget......  🤬

BTW, I saw a stat the other day showing the won-loss record of MLB teams with a lead in the 9th inning. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like over 350 wins against 2 losses. Guess what team has the 2 losses???? 🥵

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Can't figure it out. The relievers are imploding. I mean they went in to the 9th with a 5 run lead, and end up losing the game, no thanks to the effin' midget......  🤬

BTW, I saw a stat the other day showing the won-loss record of MLB teams with a lead in the 9th inning. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like over 350 wins against 2 losses. Guess what team has the 2 losses???? 🥵

That was 1 of the trivia question on the 1070 the fan pop quiz. I think it was with teams with at least a 4 run lead but I might be off. My oldest son is beside himself over his beloved Yankees

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Would the outcome have been the same had Mike Golic made the same statement.  I don't think so.  It would have been a story for sure

I understand your point...being it's ESPN, Golic probably would have been canned at the first commercial break...look what happened to the tennis commentator who said Serena Williams was using "guerilla tactics." 

• Like 1