2021 MLB Season

5fouls

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds blew a golden opportunity tonight to cut the Brewers leaf to 3.  Was up early 4-1 and should have been more.  It seems like the lady month they just can't put together hits to have a huge inning.  They night score 1 or 2 runs but can't  score more and they leave to many runners on.

Going into the 5th up 4-1 you thought the Refs were in great shape since the Brewers is the s cond worst offense in baseball.

Mahle had not pitched well  the last month and continued that tonight.  With that leaf he should have ay least have them 7 innings but he fell apart.  He gave up 2 in the 5th inning and two more years n the 6th.  Up 4-3 with one out in the 6th and up in the count 1-2 he ended up walking that batter which led to 3 runs and a Brewers lead.

Finally the bullpen did what the bullpen does and that is giving up 6;runs in 3.2 innings.  They had pitched well lately but there is not one guy in the pen you have any confidence in.

Pitching let them down...get 'em today.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My son called me this morning and told me he had bought us tickets for next Sundays Refs game against the Cardinals.  Starting this week I changed shifts and now working Monday-Friday so I now have my weekends off.

Have a great time. Hopefully Reds will only be a game or 2 out at that point

• Thanks 1

Reds now down 3-2 in the bottom of the 7th in a rain delay.  I wish the rain would have started an inning before when the Refs were leading.

Analytics is ruining baseball and the managers uses it way to often.  Both managers took their starters out just because they reached 100 pitches.  Woodruff for the Brewers had only given up 2 runs in two hits in 5.2 innings.  The manager took him out with two outs and nobody on and had retired 7 straight batters.  Then the dumbest manager in baseball one upped him.by taking out Castillo because he had 100 pitches.  I am so tired of hearing about pitch counts and the announcers today are surprised when a pitcher is allowed to throw more than 90 pitches.

The GM of the be Reds should be fired putting this bullpen together.  There is no one out there that is reliable and most are hot garbage.

Lorenzen came back for the first time this year and pitched one scoreless inning   They kept him in to play the OF and was the runner at second to start the 10th.  He scored on a sac fly but appeared to year his hamstring or something on the leg.  They had 1st and 3rd and no outs and could only score one run so it went to 11th.  So far the Brewers had scored 1 run and have runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out.  In the 10th Winker at a real chance to end the game but he hit a line drive at 109 mph but it was right at the 2b.  If he had gotten the ball in the air he probably would have hit it out.

Winker is on a deep slump and it seems like he does this every year.  He starts out great but then falls off big time.  In the lady 31 games he is hitting .195 with 2 home runs

Reds lose 7-4 in 11.  Had 1st and 3rd with no outs in the 11th and could score.  Surez struck out on 3 pitches and he is not getting any better. With two out they intentionally walked Farmer because the Reds had no other position players and had to bring Miley in to pinch hit.

If the Reds had just good and dependable bullpen they he up ,3 or 4 games in the Central.  In this series alone the bullpen has given up 13 runs.

Last night 6 runs in 3.2 inning.

Tonight 7 runs in 5 innings.

What is bad that we have given up 18 runs to the Brewers this series and they ate the worst offense in the NL.

The last few weeks the offense had been bad ad well and can't get many big hits.

Edited by IU Scott

One lady thing about the Refs they have now been hbp 73 times which leads baseball. Now it is time for our pitchers to do something about that and take care of it.  We lose Castellanos last night by getting hit in the wrist so our pitcher need to back him and plunk their best player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 7-4 in 11.  Had 1st and 3rd with no outs in the 11th and could score.  Surez struck out on 3 pitches and he is not getting any better. With two out they intentionally walked Farmer because the Reds had no other position players and had to bring Miley in to pinch hit.

If the Reds had just good and dependable bullpen they he up ,3 or 4 games in the Central.  In this series alone the bullpen has given up 13 runs.

What is bad that we have given up 18 runs to the Brewers this series and they ate the worst offense in the NL.

The last few weeks the offense had been bad ad well and can't get many big hits.

Confessions of a racing sausage

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have zero clue on exact numbers but I feel like I've read this post about 20x this year. How many blown saves does Reds pen have? Probably an exaggeration on my end but it seems like Reds pen has cost you guys about 10-15 games easily this year. 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have zero clue on exact numbers but I feel like I've read this post about 20x this year. How many blown saves does Reds pen have? Probably an exaggeration on my end but it seems like Reds pen has cost you guys about 10-15 games easily this year. 

10 is too low.  15 at the least.  Maybe more.  So frustrating.

• Like 1

Well I am glad I have been away from the radio or TV watching my great nephew playing a baseball all star tournament.  I am glad I didn't watch the shit show we call Reds baseball.  Everytime  you think they are in contention they implode.  Early they cut the lead to two games then went on. 7 game losing streak and went 8 down.  Once again had cut the lead to 4 games but after today it will be 7 games.

Edited by IU Scott

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably a little but don't really know

I looked at it.  I noticed the Brew Crew still has the Tribe and the Chisox.  They also have a 4 game series with Frisco and amazingly they end the year with 3 @ the Dodgers.

I don't buy that under .500 thing.  There are a bunch of "middling" teams in the NL the Reds included.  But teams like the Cards, Cubs, Braves, Phillies, Nats, and Mets at this point are still in it.  

And any momentum the Redlegs had going into the break they just pissed away and then some.

Great pitching duel in Cincinnati with the Reds up 7-6 in the top of the 4th.  Bell is leaving his starter in tonight when it is obvious that Guetierez does not have anything.  It is funny he took out a guy with a shutout after 6 innings the other day but leaves in one tonight who can't get anyone out.  Reds were up 7-3 going into the 4th.

Edited by IU Scott

7-8 going into the 6th inning and the Reds offense had decided to stop hitting.  Really the Refs had not really hit the ball great since they only have 6 hits.  The Mets tried to give the game away by commiting 4 errors which gave the Refs 5 unearned runs.  On the other hand the Mets are pounding the bal with 4 home runs

Unfreakin believable, the Reds scored to take an 8-7 lead but the bullpen gave it right back with a two run homer. Now 9-8 Mets.  You bring in soft tossing left in Osich who can't teach 90 with his fastball but you bring him into a game with a one run lead in the 8th.

Also this is why teams shouldn't wait until the deadline to make moves to help a area of need.  By the time we get to the deadline we will be to far out to make a move to make a difference

Instead of bringing up the same old retreads who are awful you need to make a few moves