2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Must needed win for the Reds but was harder than it should have been.  The Mets was using all bullpen guys today and 3 of their first 4 pitchers were just called up the last couple of days.  By their minor league stats they were having trouble getting people out in the minors.  One of them had a era around 7 in the minors.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably be the starting RF next year after Castellanos leaves in the off season

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Perhaps, but right now I view Aquino as a major trade chip.

Aquino is the guy that if the Reds keep him, he will suck to the point of being out of baseball in 2 years..

But, if they trade him, he'll blow up and hit 40+ homers for the next 5 years.

That's called being a Reds fan.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Aquino is the guy that if the Reds keep him, he will suck to the point of being out of baseball in 2 years..

But, if they trade him, he'll blow up and hit 40+ homers for the next 5 years.

That's called being a Reds fan.

I was gonna say "at least your team never traded Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio" but then I remembered Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, Jack Baldshun, and Dick Simpson...

Why the hell did the Reds start Jeff Hoffman today.  Just got off the DL after 2 months and he is horrible do don't understand this. It is in the third with the Reds down 5-0 after just hitting a grand slam.  In this series they have given up 10 homers.

Hoffman has no command of his pitches and gets behind every batter which leads to a lot runners.  For some reason Bell thinks it is good idea to go to a 6 man rotation.  Jeff Brantley is just ripping Hoffman saying he has not learned anything while on the DL

On 7/21/2021 at 12:24 PM, IUFLA said:

I was gonna say "at least your team never traded Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio" but then I remembered Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, Jack Baldshun, and Dick Simpson...

But, but, but the Reds traded Pappas to get Clay Carroll!

Frank was a tad before my time but how about George Foster to the Mets for Greg Harris, Jim Kern, and Alex Trevino?  That was a dandy as well.

1 hour ago, rico said:

But, but, but the Reds traded Pappas to get Clay Carroll!

Frank was a tad before my time but how about George Foster to the Mets for Greg Harris, Jim Kern, and Alex Trevino?  That was a dandy as well.

Frank Robinson would have been a monster in a lineup with Bench and Perez. Even late in his career he was putting up good power numbers...just having him in the middle of that lineup from 69-73 might have resulted in a couple of more titles...

Clay Carroll was good, but the Reds of that era had a deep bullpen with guys like Wayne Granger, Pedro Bourbon, and a young Don Gullett...

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Frank Robinson would have been a monster in a lineup with Bench and Perez. Even late in his career he was putting up good power numbers...just having him in the middle of that lineup from 69-73 might have resulted in a couple of more titles...

Clay Carroll was good, but the Reds of that era had a deep bullpen with guys like Wayne Granger, Pedro Bourbon, and a young Don Gullett...

People forget the Reds had Lee May to replace Frank.  Just as now the Reds needed SP then.  Not making an excuse for Cincy 'cause they definitely screwed the pooch with Frank.

2 hours ago, rico said:

People forget the Reds had Lee May to replace Frank.  Just as now the Reds needed SP then.  Not making an excuse for Cincy 'cause they definitely screwed the pooch with Frank.

Yeh they messed up on Robinson but they got tolan for Pinson.  To bad Tolan hurt his knee. Was never the same.   Wasn't Joe Morgan and Cesar Geronimo throw ins to Billingham and menke for Lee May and Helms. That trade worked out well.  They also got George foster from the giants for Frank Duffy. I think things primarily worked out well for their trades overall when building the Big Red Machine.  After that era, meh.

We now have the Cleveland Guardians.  Seems close to Indians replacing the In with a Guar.

Now the WTF NFL team needs to get their team named for 2022.  If they follow the Cleveland model maybe they can be the Porkskins instead of the Redskins.  They already have the Hogs.