2021 MLB Season

5fouls

I guess I don't understand Suarez getting that AB there for Freeman. 1 out in the 7th... runners on 1st and 2nd with a lefty pitching and lefty Freeman, who's playing 3rd AB..... I fully understand Suarez struggles, but it's 9-4 and he might run into one and give ya a shot. 

Another brutal loss to the Sawks. Domingo German was breezing along with a no-hitter thru 7 innings and the Yanks with a 4-0 lead. Bottom of the 8th, lead-off hitter reaches on a double, breaking up the no-hitter. Boone takes out German and the relief pitchers gave up 5 runs and the Sawks won 5-4!

There was a time when the Yanks had one of the best bull pens in the league, sadly, not any more. Boone better get a handle on it real quick.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@IU Scott

It's just the 4th inning, but what kind of plague have you brought down upon the Reds today?  

Have you heard of the "Stockholm Syndrome?"  Well, well come to the "Scottholm Syndrome."  Hopefully he is not beaching too much and somehow coaxes our Reds to victory...or I ain't gonna let him live it down.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Have you heard of the "Stockholm Syndrome?"  Well, well come to the "Scottholm Syndrome."  Hopefully he is not beaching too much and somehow coaxes our Reds to victory...or I ain't gonna let him live it down.

They have had a ton of chances.  Just not delivered.  Bases loaded with no out in bottom of 8th.  Strikeout, popup, popup, zero runs.   

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Padres supposedly acquired Adam Frazier from Pirates.  Frazier leads the majors in hits so far this year.  

Where are they going to play him since they already have an all star 2B.

Today we were only 3 rows up from the wall in right center and I couldn't get a good read on the home run by the Cardinals in the 19th.  The replay looked like someone reached over the fence and touched the ball.  They reviewed it and said it was a home run.  So the people who watched the game did the fan touch the ball.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Where are they going to play him since they already have an all star 2B.

Today we were only 3 rows up from the wall in right center and I couldn't get a good read on the home run by the Cardinals in the 19th.  The replay looked like someone reached over the fence and touched the ball.  They reviewed it and said it was a home run.  So the people who watched the game did the fan touch the ball.

The fan actually caught it in his hat.  But, replays appeared to indicate that the ball was already cleared over the fence.  It was close, but was probably the right call to leave it a home run.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You can throw the Yankees bullpen in there as well. They're great at blowing big leads for your team.....

Probably can say that about 80 percent of the teams in the majors.  When you only allow your starters to go 5 or 6 innings then you will wear your bullpen out.  You either have to prepare your starters to be able to pitch more than a 100 pitches in the game or teach them to have better command.  When a lot of starters reach 100 pitches by the 5th inning you will have trouble having a good bullpen.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Probably can say that about 80 percent of the teams in the majors.  When you only allow your starters to go 5 or 6 innings then you will wear your bullpen out.  You either have to prepare your starters to be able to pitch more than a 100 pitches in the game or teach them to have better command.  When a lot of starters reach 100 pitches by the 5th inning you will have trouble having a good bullpen.

I feel there is more to it than just "blaming" it on the starters.

-I think hitters take way more pitches than they used to.

-Specialty relief pitching has taken over.

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Padres supposedly acquired Adam Frazier from Pirates.  Frazier leads the majors in hits so far this year.  

Really good move by the Padres once again. Get one of the games better players on a team friendly deal until end of next year. 

1984 has permanently made me dislike the Padres but really like the moves they've made.

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

1984 has permanently made me dislike the Padres but really like the moves they've made.

You posting that made me go and look at the '84 season...geez, the Padres were the only team in the NL West over .500.

• Like 1

Went to the Padres/Nats game in San diego on the 5th.  I am glad to see them doing good snce they lost the Chargers. That place rocks when they are good. Nats beat them but had great seats behind home though we landed a table in the bar just a few rows up behind our seats. 

PXL_20210706_024240529.thumb.jpg.607c203c79608cec7851a0c7fe7c6b6c.jpg

• Like 5