2021 MLB Season

5fouls

26 minutes ago, rico said:

I disdain him, but his stats speak for themselves.  Very fine ball player.  

That mid 70s Dodgers team was a thorn in the Reds side for a few years...Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and The Penguin was a pretty good infield no matter how much I despised them...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

That mid 70s Dodgers team was a thorn in the Reds side for a few years...Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and The Penguin was a pretty good infield no matter how much I despised them...

That Cey trade turned out great for the Cubbies.

• Like 1

Once again the lack of bullpen comes back to haunt them.  Up 5-3 going to the 7th but the pen gave up 1 run in the 7th and 8th to tie the game.  Why would Bell thinks it is a good idea to bring in a lefty in Osich to face 3 right hand hitters.  He gave up a tying he run to Contreras.

The biggest reason the game is close is the Reds lack of hitting with the bases loaded.  3 times they had the bases loaded and no outs and all they could get was 3 runs.  They were off a bases loaded walk, a sac fly and FC.  I'm the 8th they could not score at all and could have opened the game up.

Reds are a total embarrassment losing this game tonight. Bottom of the 9th Hembree walks 2 and hits a batter.  Also if you saw Baez after he got the hit he started screaming at Garrett and tossed the bat at him.  I hope whoever is pitching tomorrow and when Baez comes they better bean him.

The GM and manager better be fired at the end of the year because they both are terrible.

The Refs should have scored at least 10 runs tonight but their ineptness with runners on is a total joke.  

The Cubs ate hitting lime .225 for the year and have been worse than that this month but our pitching they look good.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are a total embarrassment losing this game tonight. Bottom of the 9th Hembree walks 2 and hits a batter.  Also if you saw Baez after he got the hit he started screaming at Garrett and tossed the bat at him.  I hope whoever is pitching tomorrow and when Baez comes they better bean him.

The GM and manager better be fired at the end of the year because they both are terrible.

The Refs should have scored at least 10 runs tonight but their ineptness with runners on is a total joke.  

The Cubs ate hitting lime .225 for the year and have been worse than that this month but our pitching they look good.

Scott, I am disappointed and frustrated myself.  It was fun while it lasted.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I hear that Garrett and Baez are going out to lunch together today before the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

I hear that Garrett and Baez are going out to lunch together today before the game.

I might actually tune in tonight. Frustrated teams. It's hot.....and Garrett has no one to blame but himself. If he's going to act the way he did earlier in the season you knew Javy was going to do something. I expect more of it this series.

Cubs/Reds combine for 24 runners left of base. Story of their seasons....not to mention Reds bullpen. Feel bad for the Reds brethren on here. If your bullpen was just average and not awful you'd be leading the division.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I might actually tune in tonight. Frustrated teams. It's hot.....and Garrett has no one to blame but himself. If he's going to act the way he did earlier in the season you knew Javy was going to do something. I expect more of it this series.

Cubs/Reds combine for 24 runners left of base. Story of their seasons....not to mention Reds bullpen. Feel bad for the Reds brethren on here. If your bullpen was just average and not awful you'd be leading the division.

Reds' management is to blame for the bullpen.  Traded Iglesias for peanuts and let Archie Bradley walk.  Add to it they let DeSclafani walk as well.  Now you got me started...jsmh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Heard an interesting take on 960 AM out of South Bend this morning.  Cubs should trade Rizzo, Bryant, and Baez and get what prospects they can.  Then if they want back with the Cubs they can sign them after the year is over.

I've heard that floated around as well...it is reminiscent of what happened with Chapman and Cubs/Yankees.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Baez is a clown lol. Cocky would be an understatement. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Baez is a clown lol. Cocky would be an understatement. 

I just hope one of our pitchers have enough guts to do something about him. So far this year the pitching staff has just watched our hitters keep getting hit.  Reds lead the league in getting hit and the Brewers knocked out our best player in Castellanos.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1