2021 MLB Season

5fouls

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Absolutely.  Fictional sports history is a strange thing.  But I can't help but think what could have been had Kuhn not vetoed that trade.

I always wondered if Bowie accepted a bribe from another team to void that trade.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wow. I am surprised 

Me too...

Yankees got shellacked yesterday by the Rays 14-nil. And with Cole on the mound no less. Rays scored 4 runs in the 1st inning and scored a whopping 10 runs in the 6th inning!!! OUCH!

I really thought the Yanks would be sellers during the trade deadline. A lot of Yankee fans wants the team blown up, Cashman included.

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm thinking 85 but could be wrong. I was just trying to figure out how a Seaver/Blue starting rotation in playoffs would have looked if trade was allowed. At least one more title if not more I think.

Yeah.  He was back with the Giants in '85.  The thing is the Reds only won one more division title after '76.  I could argue the Reds, with Blue, would have won the division in '78 and '80 and got into the play-offs in '81.

36 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not only have my Twins mailed it in this year, they just traded their best pitcher--Berrios, to the Jays for prospects. His contract was up after this year, and he wanted $100 million +, so maybe not a dumb move, but still extremely frustrating to see them take such a big step back this season.

Such is the life of a small market fan.  Feel your pain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would not be too mad about it for sure. The chicken bleep league suspended Reds players for a lot less than what Baez did and I would Support Amir if one just happened to get away from him

LOL....to be honest, I think the Mets picked up the wrong guy to get them over the top.

34 minutes ago, rico said:

TBH, Bryant is the one I would do my damnest to keep.

He's headed to Giants.

I'm waiting for some additional information on who Cubs got. PCA was Mets first rounder in 2020. My guess is with White Sox trade that means Hoerner to short and Madrigal (.300 hitter) will be at 2nd. Heuer was really good last year so maybe he can rebound.

With rule changes probably coming in baseball maybe Jed has been talking to his buddy Theo about getting back to contact hitters only.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's headed to Giants.

I'm waiting for some additional information on who Cubs got. PCA was Mets first rounder in 2020. My guess is with White Sox trade that means Hoerner to short and Madrigal (.300 hitter) will be at 2nd. Heuer was really good last year so maybe he can rebound.

With rule changes probably coming in baseball maybe Jed has been talking to his buddy Theo about getting back to contact hitters only.

"Wait 'til next year."----random Cub fan(circa pick a year)  

LOL

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's headed to Giants.

I had to meet some contractors today...I'm trying to play catch up and figure out who all the Cubs got back from their trades.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would not be too mad about it for sure. The chicken bleep league suspended Reds players for a lot less than what Baez did and I would Support Amir if one just happened to get away from him

Don't make us bring back Kyle Farnsworth! 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I had to meet some contractors today...I'm trying to play catch up and figure out who all the Cubs got back from their trades.

I haven't seen the prospects they got yet, but at least the Rizzo trade to the Yankees is being panned as a one sided Yankee triumph...