2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, rico said:

Did anybody see that the Mets failed to sign their 1st round(#10 over all) pick?  They could not come to an agreement with Vandy's Kumar Rocker.  I guess I never realized how this worked as I just assumed that meant the Mets wouldn't have nothing to show for that pick.  Instead the Mets get a #11 pick(compensatory) next year in addition to wherever their other 1st round pick is gonna be.

Lots of strange on this one. Injury was either hidden....or the Mets knew about and wanted him to have surgery and the player didn't want to have surgery.

I know they get another pick next year but missing out on first rounders catches up eventually.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

The Reds are the Reds when it comes to disappointing but seems they have a favorable schedule over the last couple of months and the Pads may not have Tatis.  I wouldn't be surprsed if they got swept by the Twins to show how focused they are in taking care of business and tracking down the Brewers or Padres.  Anyway, i like where they are. 

Who p***** in your cheerios? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of strange on this one. Injury was either hidden....or the Mets knew about and wanted him to have surgery and the player didn't want to have surgery.

I know they get another pick next year but missing out on first rounders catches up eventually.

...or the Mets simply didn't offer him enough money?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who p***** in your cheerios? 

LOL.  To change gears, I don't know how this season is gonna end this year but I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far.  And regardless of how it finishes the Reds seem primed for another good season next year with or without Nick.

When you couldn't think David Bell could be more stupid he never fails to surprise you.  Up 5-4 in the 9th he brings in Hembree and his 2-5 record and his 4.79 era.  He walks to the first two batters who were hitting .177 and .217.  After a K he gives up a 3 run homer and lost the game.  They are playing the Twins who is 44-62.  Also the Twins have the worst bullpen on the AL but the Reds couldn't score against them on 4 innings.

They have 3 new bullpen guys and Lorenzen is back.  Those 4 gas combined to pitch 13 innings and gave up 1 unearned run.  Cessa gave a run up in extra innings because someone was already on second.  Hembree had given up runs in 3 straight games and walked the first batter in each game.  So why I'm the hell does Bell have Hembree come in for a save.

Also the Reds need to play every game on the road since they are 6 games above .500 on the road and 1 game under at home.

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If it wasn't for this board I would never know how bad that pen is. Feel sorry for you guys. I mean you and the other Reds posters share this 2-3x per week. I don't like Bell and I don't have a dog in this one! 

I haven't dissected all of the blown saves/losses but it seems Bell has a propensity for riding the "cold" hand in these games that are costly.  For God's sake they traded for pen help but dumbBell keeps calling on the same "losers" to finish games.  I would have thought the new guys would change his logic, but apparently not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

The Twins.  Hopefully the Reds get the split today.

Reds leading 6-1 top of the 8th and guess what!  That's right...the bullpen gives up 4 runs to the Twins.  Let's make it a game.  You know, close and exciting.  Maybe someone can throw a homerun ball in the 9th.  Sigh.  I don't bother watching the games.  Just check online for updates/scores.  

Well what do ya know!  Michael Lorenzen gets the Twins out in the 9th!  Hey, David Bell!  Maybe try him as closer and let Hembree sit late in the game.  😋

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds leading 6-1 top of the 8th and guess what!  That's right...the bullpen gives up 4 runs to the Twins.  Let's make it a game.  You know, close and exciting.  Maybe someone can throw a homerun ball in the 9th.  Sigh.  I don't bother watching the games.  Just check online for updates/scores.  

Well what do ya know!  Michael Lorenzen gets the Twins out in the 9th!  Hey, David Bell!  Maybe try him as closer and let Hembree sit late in the game.  😋

Well, Bell tried but failed this time.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Another QS for Luis.  Guy has been en fuego.

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, Bell tried but failed this time.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Another QS for Luis.  Guy has been en fuego.

April-May I was ready to get rid of Luis.  But he turned it around despite getting screwed by either the Reds lack of offense (or timely hitting) or that god awful bullpen.  He has been terrific mostly since June, I believe.

34 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

April-May I was ready to get rid of Luis.  But he turned it around despite getting screwed by either the Reds lack of offense (or timely hitting) or that god awful bullpen.  He has been terrific mostly since June, I believe.

He has been their most reliable starter.

1 hour ago, rico said:

He has been their most reliable starter.

After a horrible beginning to the season leading to a enormous era, Luis has now worked it down to 4.09.  Though that's far from great, I would really be curious to know what his era is for his last 10 to 12 starts.

So, just saw that his era for last 6 starts is 1.69...nice!

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

After a horrible beginning to the season leading to a enormous era, Luis has now worked it down to 4.09.  Though that's far from great, I would really be curious to know what his era is for his last 10 to 12 starts.

So, just saw that his era for last 6 starts is 1.69...nice!

Since June 1 his era is 1.91.  He should have another 3 or 4 wins if the bullpen had not blown leads