2021 MLB Season

5fouls

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Former Astros pitcher, J.R. Richard, whose career was derailed by a stroke back in 1980 has died.

For those of you too young to remember, he threw serious heat before everyone started doing it.  100 mph fastball when the league average was about 88.

Terrible news. JR could flat out bring the heat. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Former Astros pitcher, J.R. Richard, whose career was derailed by a stroke back in 1980 has died.

For those of you too young to remember, he threw serious heat before everyone started doing it.  100 mph fastball when the league average was about 88.

i have seen some great ones when I was young.  Richard was the best I ever saw.

RIP James Rodney

A much needed win for the Reds and need to sweep the 4 game series.  Good to see the bullpen pitch 4 scoreless innings.  The disappointing part was Gray was given a 7-0 lead after 2 but couldn't get past the 5th  inning.  Just seems like Gray is just not his usual self this year.  Also the offense went asleep after the second inning and didn't score after that inning.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

A much needed win for the Reds and need to sweep the 4 game series.  Good to see the bullpen pitch 4 scoreless innings.  The disappointing part was Gray was given a 7-0 lead after 2 but couldn't get past the 5th  inning.  Just seems like Gray is just not his usual self this year.  Also the offense went asleep after the second inning and didn't score after that inning.

The Pirates had a fluky 5th inning to score those runs.  Gray got the win.

Suarez batted 8th in the line-up with a 3 run dong.

The Reds are a season high 7 games over .500

Cast is back and Moose to be activated soon.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Just thinking about JR...The Astros have had their fair share of power arms...Don Wilson, Larry Dierker, JR, Mike Scott, Nolan Ryan, Billy Wagner...

And I won't count an amped up Roger Clemens...I have no love for the tainted...

Joe Niekro.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The offense scored 7 runs. Sonny Gray was basically really good last night.  

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I did not realize the Braves let him go.  Upgrade over Shogo?

TBH, I don't know exactly what Shogo is.  But I do believe Inciarte is a multiple GG winner and until recently was pretty good with the bat as well.  The question I got is what does this mean for Senzel?

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Votto and Suarez helped with a bonehead mental error.

Situation - men on first and third, one out.  Batter hits grounder to Votto six ft off first.  Joey chooses to check the guy on third who breaks for home, stops starts to head back.  Joey fakes throw to home and looks to throw to third, but Suarez has been watching from his position 15 ft off third...not covering the bag.  The batter runs to first.   Everyone is safe.

3 hours ago, rico said:

The Pirates had a fluky 5th inning to score those runs.  Gray got the win.

Suarez batted 8th in the line-up with a 3 run dong.

The Reds are a season high 7 games over .500

Cast is back and Moose to be activated soon.  

I doubt very many teams has an 8th place hitter with 22 hr and 63 RBI.  He is on a 6 game hit streak with 6 hits.

Also wondering when Moose and Denzel comes back where they will play.

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Situation - men on first and third, one out.  Batter hits grounder to Votto six ft off first.  Joey chooses to check the guy on third who breaks for home, stops starts to head back.  Joey fakes throw to home and looks to throw to third, but Suarez has been watching from his position 15 ft off third...not covering the bag.  The batter runs to first.   Everyone is safe.

They were in a shift so Suarez wasn't near the bag

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Now that just made me shiftless...