2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 hour ago, rico said:

No matter how hard you try to make them look bad, they still look better than the Cubs.  It appears to me that the Chisox are the only team in MLB whose division lead is safe.

Speaking of the Chisox, anyone have a spare $1300 bucks? I would love to see the Yankees open the new Field of Dreams stadium when they play the Chisox!

But man, prices on stubhub are nuts!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Speaking of the Chisox, anyone have a spare $1300 bucks? I would love to see the Yankees open the new Field of Dreams stadium when they play the Chisox!

Seems to me that the Chisox should be playing the Reds in that game...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Trust me I tried. Since they were sold to Iowans only I had my buddy try. No luck. My Dad isn't in the best of health and he's a diehard White Sox fan but I had to draw the line somewhere.

Really happy for the folks in Dyersville and surrounding area though....huge amount of $ already coming in and this week will help them out. Hope MLB does this game annually.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Literally... people go out of their way to be offended lol too great. 

The plot thickens...

"So I watched the video at least 50 times in the past 15-16 hours," Brinson said on a videoconference call before Monday night's game at San Diego. "I watched it a lot, especially when I heard that he said Dinger instead of the N-word.''

"I personally -- this is again my personal opinion -- I personally keep hearing the N-word."

I watched it too...the guy is clearly yelling "Dinger" with his face toward the mascot...

Geez Louise even the Grand Dragon of the Klan isn't going to scream the N word at the top of his lungs in front of 30,000 people...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The plot thickens...

"So I watched the video at least 50 times in the past 15-16 hours," Brinson said on a videoconference call before Monday night's game at San Diego. "I watched it a lot, especially when I heard that he said Dinger instead of the N-word.''

"I personally -- this is again my personal opinion -- I personally keep hearing the N-word."

I watched it too...the guy is clearly yelling "Dinger" with his face toward the mascot...

Geez Louise even the Grand Dragon of the Klan isn't going to scream the N word at the top of his lungs in front of 30,000 people...

Right? this is isn't all that hard to comprehend. I also saw in Minnesota they were doing away with the term "Master Bedroom" in real estate. L O L 

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The plot thickens...

People hear what they want to hear and once they hear it they rather believe a lie than the truth. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Didn't know Stephenson could play 1B. The Reds should feel like they have a star in the making with him right? Knock on wood Mesoraco . 

Stephenson hadn´t played 1B in his career until earlier this year. When Votto missed time earlier this year with an injury he told Stephenson he should start taking ground balls at first. He did alright there so Bell gave him some starts earlier this year at 1B. He just hadn´t played there recenlty because Votto can´t be out of the lineup. 

• Like 2

Well the combination of Hembree and Garrett lost the game on the 6th inning. Hembree gave up a single, a walk and got a strikeout.  Garrett came in and walked two which produced the winning run.  Reds lose 3-2 and now in the last 3 games in ATL they have played 31 innings and the Reds have scored 2 runs on 17 hits.  There is no reason for Himbree, Garrett and Doolittle to be on a close game.

Last night Bell left Castillo in the game and pet him give up 8 runs.  Tonight he takes out Gray after 5 innings and he only gave up 2 runs.  Those runs were scored in the 4th and it was after the first two batters were out.  He walked the next batter and then hung a breaking pit h to Duvall for a HR.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the combination of Hembree and Garrett lost the game on the 6th inning. Hembree gave up a single, a walk and got a strikeout.  Garrett came in and walked two which produced the winning run.  Reds lose 3-2 and now in the last 3 games in ATL they have played 31 innings and the Reds have scored 2 runs on 17 hits.  There is no reason for Himbree, Garrett and Doolittle to be on a close game.

Last night Bell left Castillo in the game and pet him give up 8 runs.  Tonight he takes out Gray after 5 innings and he only gave up 2 runs.  Those runs were scored in the 4th and it was after the first two batters were out.  He walked the next batter and then hung a breaking pit h to Duvall for a HR.

Right now I am more irked about Suarez being in the line up.

I understand why the Reds don’t want to give up on Garrett since he’s been pretty good the last couple of years. He’s having a bad year and is out of options so he’s stuck on the roster but Bell needs to be smarter about when to use him. Hembree should’ve already been replaced by Santillan and I don’t understand that at all. I also don’t get why the Reds made up an injury to keep Brach around rather than just cutting him but at least he’s not pitching anymore.

Edited by DC2345

42 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I understand why the Reds don’t want to give up on Garrett since he’s been pretty good the last couple of years. He’s having a bad year and is out of options so he’s stuck on the roster but Bell needs to be smarter about when to use him. Hembree should’ve already been replaced by Santillan and I don’t understand that at all. I also don’t get why the Reds made up an injury to keep Brach around rather than just cutting him but at least he’s not pitching anymore.

Amir is the epitome of how the Reds develop pitching...