2021 MLB Season

5fouls

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Field of Dreams game is very cool.  

3 in the corn so far.  

Field of Dreams is more like Field of Nightmares for the Yankees!!!

Heaney, with an almost 6 era, has given up 7 runs on 3 homers! Since joining the Yanks, he has given up 8 home runs in only 3 games.... Yikes

BTW, Reminder - Two prospects were traded for Heaney. So far, he has pitched 13 innings for the Yankees and has allowed 13 runs in those innings. That's a nifty 9 ERA.

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Field of Dreams is more like Field of Nightmares for the Yankees!!!

Heaney, with an almost 6 era, has given up 7 runs on 3 homers! Since joining the Yanks, he has given up 8 home runs in only 3 games.... Yikes

BTW, Reminder - Two prospects were traded for Heaney. So far, he has pitched 13 innings for the Yankees and has allowed 13 runs in those innings. That's a nifty 9 ERA.

All good now! Hahaha....

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You could see that one coming. Really like Anderson. Fun game and hopefully an annual tradition year after year. That's a bad beat for the Yankees....they needed that one after what they did in the 9th.

I hear ya. But that is what the Yankee relief pitchers have been doing this year, blowing late leads. Take away Homer Heaney, this could have been a different game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not much else to do in Iowa but we had  planned to go to Dyersville.  Just want to throw and hit a couple balls there. My oldest son and I watched that movie so many times and it would be a bucket list type of thing to play catch with him. 

Definitely worth your time if already in the area. You can also do quick 30 minute tours of home....and plenty of food/drink options to throw a blanket down and have lunch in the outfield. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would try it. John Smoltz said YES

Speaking of Smoltz, him and Joe Buck both sounded deflated when Stanton hit the 2 run bomb that put the Yankees up in the top of the 9th. When they are doing a Yankee game, I put them on mute so I don't have to listen to them gush about the "other" team.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Baseball needs to do more of these "things."  Go back to their roots so to speak.  

Exactly did you see the MLB players faces and excitement in their words. Took me back to playing little league and stepping onto a new field or a bigger field for the first time. The opening 20 minutes or so gave me a lot of chills. MLB hit this one out of the park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Speaking of Smoltz, him and Joe Buck both sounded deflated when Stanton hit the 2 run bomb that put the Yankees up in the top of the 9th. When they are doing a Yankee game, I put them on mute so I don't have to listen to them gush about the "other" team.......

I did not get to watch the end, had to get some work done but you either Love or hate the Yankees and I live with 2 that Love them

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Apple pie hotdog?????     Yes or No?  

I would try it, but probably would not like it.  I had a hot dog bathed in Mac N Cheese at Disney World a few years back.  Those two items need to be kept separate.  I was not a fan at all of that one.