2021 MLB Season

5fouls

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Quote from last nights losing pitcher for the Yankees

“I’m giving up a lot of runs and not getting a lot of outs,” Heaney said. “I’m not making good pitches. It’s very, very frustrating"'

Duh.... Ya think???  🤪

The dude got to pitch in a MLB game in a cornfield.  Regardless of anything else, he has that.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would try it, but probably would not like it.  I had a hot dog bathed in Mac N Cheese at Disney World a few years back.  Those two items need to be kept separate.  I was not a fan at all of that one.

I would have thought mac n cheese might have been decent, more so than apple pie.  lol

Yankee fans want the team to be blown up as some fans are wanting them to be ousted from the playoffs.

Here's an interesting quote from one fan:

"We've got 47 games left....Part of me wants to root for them to win, but the objective realist wants them to quickly get ousted from the race, so that maybe, just maybe, a significant outcry can be heard and something more than window dressing and working around the edges will be done in off-season. If not, we will be right back here at same place with same problems next year. If you look at the active and 40man rosters at the beginning of season, at least half of each need to be replaced by next year. Odor, Davis, Voit, Gallo, Frazier, Andujar, Sanchez, Torres, Heaney, Kriske, Nelson, need to be DFA, traded, something, to get guys who can hit the ball, run the bases, and catch the ball. Need to think outside the box and see if there is any way to rid ourselves of Stanton, and kick the tires on what Judge might bring in major league ready players and/or top ten prospects. Or keep doing the same things and you know, I think, maybe, the people in that room will turn things around. It's just a matter of time. We are nothing more than the Cincinnati Reds with an excellent PR machine and gullible fans. " (sorry Reds fans)....

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yankee fans want the team to be blown up as some fans are wanting them to be ousted from the playoffs.

Here's an interesting quote from one fan:

"We've got 47 games left....Part of me wants to root for them to win, but the objective realist wants them to quickly get ousted from the race, so that maybe, just maybe, a significant outcry can be heard and something more than window dressing and working around the edges will be done in off-season. If not, we will be right back here at same place with same problems next year. If you look at the active and 40man rosters at the beginning of season, at least half of each need to be replaced by next year. Odor, Davis, Voit, Gallo, Frazier, Andujar, Sanchez, Torres, Heaney, Kriske, Nelson, need to be DFA, traded, something, to get guys who can hit the ball, run the bases, and catch the ball. Need to think outside the box and see if there is any way to rid ourselves of Stanton, and kick the tires on what Judge might bring in major league ready players and/or top ten prospects. Or keep doing the same things and you know, I think, maybe, the people in that room will turn things around. It's just a matter of time. We are nothing more than the Cincinnati Reds with an excellent PR machine and gullible fans. " (sorry Reds fans)....

So that fan would rather they be like the Cubs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really good win for the Reds beating the Phillies 6-1.  With Zach Wheeler pitching for the Phillies I expected the exact opposite to happen.  Mahle pitched great going 7 scoreless on 3 hits.  Could you imagine back in the day telling someone like Nolan Ryan or Tom Seaver that they were being taken out after 7 with a 3 hit shutout

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Really good win for the Reds beating the Phillies 6-1.  With Zach Wheeler pitching for the Phillies I expected the exact opposite to happen.  Mahle pitched great going 7 scoreless on 3 hits.  Could you imagine back in the day telling someone like Nolan Ryan or Tom Seaver that they were being taken out after 7 with a 3 hit shutout

I wonder how worried Mahle was when Hembree came in in the bottom of the 9th?

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So far the Reds are making Matt Moore and his 6.41 era look like Cy Young.  He has a no hitter through 4 innings.  Reds down 1-0 going to the bottom of the 4th.

No hitter through 5 for Moore on 64 pitches.  He is just starting because of injury and their manager was hoping for 4 quality innings.

Castillo only had given up 1 hit through 4.2 innings but it was a solo homer to Torreys.

Yankees got a much needed win last night, especially after Britton blew it again (hello Field of Dreams gut punch), beating the Chisox 7-5. BTW, the Yankees lead the majors in blown saves when leading in the 8th inning or later! Ugghhh!!! Britton is still struggling as he came in the 10th and promptly loaded the bases after the Yanks had taken a 7-4 lead thanks to homers by Judge and Gallo (both had 2 homers for the game). Chad Green came in the 9th and served up a game tying homer to Jose Abreu. Another quality start for Jameson Taillon and 25 year old Albert Abreu recorded his 1st save in a bases loaded, 1 out 10th inning.