2021 MLB Season

5fouls

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, I've expressed my frustration towards the McRicketts numerous times in this thread alone...they constantly cry "poor" over the building up of Wrigleyville...and you're right, complete teardowns like they just did should never occur...

Speaking of numerous times, I have voiced my opinion on how the Cubs handled all this.  Piss poor is an understatement.  Once the Cubs didn't repeat then subtle changes should have started before the '18 season.  Personally, I would have shipped Rizzo for some pitching prospects and handed 1B to Schwarber.  Then seen how that turned out at least for a starting point.  If things didn't work out then Baez gets traded.  Bryant is the one that I would have kept for sure through all the tinkering I would have done.  But here we are and the Cubs are just sad.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So, Reds fans.  What do you think about them optioning Senzel to Louisville instead of activating from the IL.   Kept 14 pitchers on the roster.  Do they really need all of them?

Nick Krall is an idiot that doesn't know how to be a GM or he doesn't want the team to win. He'd rather keep a bunch of waiver wire pickups on the roster than younger players with higher upsides. I seriously think that I could do a better job than that guy at this point. He seems totally incompetent. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Nick Krall is an idiot that doesn't know how to be a GM or he doesn't want the team to win. He'd rather keep a bunch of waiver wire pickups on the roster than younger players with higher upsides. I seriously think that I could do a better job than that guy at this point. He seems totally incompetent. 

C'mon now, Krall has a master plan and it is obvious.  He evidently likes the idea of getting the hell beaten out of him by rabid Reds fans in the Queen City.  Right now it is verbally, but if I was him I wouldn't be stopping by the local Skyline.

25 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds now two games behind the Padres, who are losing to the Rockies 5-2 in the ninth.

Damn if the Padres didn't hit a two out three run HR to tie the score.  Rockies will probably lose this one in extra innings.

Rockies hit a walk off HR to win.   😁

• Like 1

In case you missed it:

Per CBS

Votto became the second major league player to get his 2,000th hit, 300th home run and 1,000th RBI in the same season. Hall of Famer Billy Williams did it with the Cubs in 1971. Votto joins Johnny Bench as the only Reds with 2,000 hits and 300 homers, and his 26 homers this season are his most since he hit 36 in 2017.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rico said:

Hembree got DFA'd.  

Finally someone listened to me and now how about Doolittle and Shago.

Very disappointing effort by the Reds tonight by losing to the Cubs 2-1.  I know Hendricks is a good pitcher but the Reds usually hit him around quite often.  He leads all pitchers on hits allowed and have given up 25 homers but we could only score 1 tonight.  Guiteriez pitched pretty well only giving up two runs. Both came after he thought he had struck out a batter but it was called a ball.  On the next pitch he gave up a hit that scored a run.

I thought the Reds needed to go at least 6-1 this week with 7 games against the Cubs and Marlins.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Finally someone listened to me and now how about Doolittle and Shago.

Very disappointing effort by the Reds tonight by losing to the Cubs 2-1.  I know Hendricks is a good pitcher but the Reds usually hit him around quite often.  He leads all pitchers on hits allowed and have given up 25 homers but we could only score 1 tonight.  Guiteriez pitched pretty well only giving up two runs. Both came after he thought he had struck out a batter but it was called a ball.  On the next pitch he gave up a hit that scored a run.

I thought the Reds needed to go at least 6-1 this week with 7 games against the Cubs and Marlins.

2 out of 3 is what we need, but gladly would take sweeps.

• Like 1

Well after being 10 1/2 games back behind the Red Sawks on July 5, the Yankees swept a double header yesterday by beating them twice! They have now moved ahead of the Red Sawks by a percentage point. Quite an accomplishment when you take in their injuries and covid. Plus they are getting contributions from the young guys, like rookie pitcher,Luis Gil.  Gil is the only Major League pitcher since 1893 to toss at least 4 2/3 scoreless innings in each of his first three career appearances, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Gil’s 15 2/3 scoreless innings to open his career are the most by a Yankee in the Expansion Era (since 1961), surpassing Joba Chamberlain’s 15 1/3.

Still a long way to go. but.....

Go Yankees!!

• Like 1