2021 MLB Season

5fouls

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys needed these vs whatever that was we ran up there as a lineup. 9 games out. Wild Card only....unless the 69 Mets are going to be reincarnated. 

Yep.  Its wild card or bust at this point.  I'm still hopeful with 9 of our last 18 against the Pirates.  Not sure what the Padres have left as far as schedule, but hoping it is a heavy dose of Giants and Dodgers.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  Its wild card or bust at this point.  I'm still hopeful with 9 of our last 18 against the Pirates.  Not sure what the Padres have left as far as schedule, but hoping it is a heavy dose of Giants and Dodgers.

Up until the All star break I was rooting hard for the Padres. Since gonna hope they lose every game but they are fun to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm cheering for you guys....hopefully the Reds find something. The crap the Cubs organization has been running out there shouldn't be beating anyone. 

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So... Right on cue "Homerun Heaney" gives up a homerun in the very 1st inning!!!

I don't know who in the he double hockey sticks convinced the Yanks to take this guy, but they should be fired!!!

Looks like I need to eat crow tonight as Heaney actually pitched a good game and got the win as the Yanks swept the Red Sawks 5-2 and completed a 3 game sweep!!

But it didn't come easy as in the top of the 9th and the Yanks leading 5-1, Chapman came in to close the game. He got 1 out but the next batter hit a towering homerun and 2 batters later, had runners on 1st and 3rd. Boone saw enough and took Chapman out and replaced him with Lucas Luetge and thanks to some guy named Anthony Rizzo ( anyone remember him?) made a sparkling play at first base to end the game! Rizzo also had a 2 run hit earlier in the game. This was his first start back since coming off the Covid list.

How SWEEP It Is!!!!!

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

According to what I have seen, the Padres have the toughest schedule remaining in MLB.  That being said the Reds better keep an eye on the Phils.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Aren't they only 2.5 back of the Reds. Phil's are 2-6 in their last 8 games

I do believe "we" still have 6 games left against the Cards.  The Cards still have 10 games left with the Brewers as well.  Basically St. Louis has a tough path.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is sad that the Reds can't beat a minor league team.  The Reds are way to inconsistent to ever put a huge run together.  They have gone from 8 down to 2 down and then back up to 8 back to 3 and back up to 8 back to 4 and now back to 9.

Agree. Look at this lineup. Somehow back in May I didn't see this would be the Cubs lineup in August. Haha...and I know Happ has to have photos of Ricketts or Hoyer somewhere. This guy should never see our starting lineup again. 

R. OrtegaCF 4 2 2 1 1 0 .329 .389 .506
F. Schwindel1B 4 0 2 1 1 1 .329 .361 .633
I. HappLF 5 1 1 1 0 0 .186 .290 .348
M. Duffy3B 5 0 3 1 0 0 .272 .346 .321
D. Bote2B 4 1 1 0 1 2 .200 .272 .333
M. HermosilloRF 3 1 1 2 0 1 .250 .400 1.000
R. ChirinosC 4 1 1 0 0 2 .283 .406 .585
S. AlcantaraSS 4 1 1 1 0 1 .194 .287 .347
A. SampsonP

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree. Look at this lineup. Somehow back in May I didn't see this would be the Cubs lineup in August. Haha...and I know Happ has to have photos of Ricketts or Hoyer somewhere. This guy should never see our starting lineup again. 

R. OrtegaCF 4 2 2 1 1 0 .329 .389 .506
F. Schwindel1B 4 0 2 1 1 1 .329 .361 .633
I. HappLF 5 1 1 1 0 0 .186 .290 .348
M. Duffy3B 5 0 3 1 0 0 .272 .346 .321
D. Bote2B 4 1 1 0 1 2 .200 .272 .333
M. HermosilloRF 3 1 1 2 0 1 .250 .400 1.000
R. ChirinosC 4 1 1 0 0 2 .283 .406 .585
S. AlcantaraSS 4 1 1 1 0 1 .194 .287 .347
A. SampsonP

If Happ could play the Reds every time then he would be an all star

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

I know a lot of you guys are NL fans, but here is something that every ball player dreams about. Yankees have a player named Andrew Velazquez. He played a very big part in last nights game against the Red Sawks. He drove in 2 runs and made the spectacular play to first basemen, Anthony Rizzo, to end the game. It's a feel good story because he is a native of the Bronx and had dreamed of wearing the pinstripes.

Here's a link:

Andrew Velazquez making impact on Yankees (mlb.com)

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know a lot of you guys are NL fans, but here is something that every ball player dreams about. Yankees have a player named Andrew Velazquez. He played a very big part in last nights game against the Red Sawks. He drove in 2 runs and made the spectacular play to end the game. It's a feel story because he is a native of the Bronx and had dreamed of wearing the pinstripes.

Here's a link:

Can't even imagine the nerves he's been playing/dealing with. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know a lot of you guys are NL fans, but here is something that every ball player dreams about. Yankees have a player named Andrew Velazquez. He played a very big part in last nights game against the Red Sawks. He drove in 2 runs and made the spectacular play to first basemen, Anthony Rizzo, to end the game. It's a feel good story because he is a native of the Bronx and had dreamed of wearing the pinstripes.

Here's a link:

The play to end the game was spectacular. Also that shows that most Umpires are pretty darn good. I thought the runner was safe until replay and like usual he got it right on the field. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

V-O-T-T-O for President...

Joey Votto is only 7 RBI's behind the National League leader.

Joey Votto is tied for 3rd in the NL in Home Runs

Joey Votto missed 30 games earlier this year due to injury.

With a strong September, he has to enter the MVP conversation doesn't he? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1