2021 MLB Season

5fouls

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Joey Votto is only 7 RBI's behind the National League leader.

Joey Votto is tied for 3rd in the NL in Home Runs

Joey Votto missed 30 games earlier this year due to injury.

With a strong September, he has to enter the MVP conversation doesn't he? 

You would think but it probably depends how the Reds finish

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Joey Votto is only 7 RBI's behind the National League leader.

Joey Votto is tied for 3rd in the NL in Home Runs

Joey Votto missed 30 games earlier this year due to injury.

With a strong September, he has to enter the MVP conversation doesn't he? 

He has entered it.  The way he is going he might just run away with it.  

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Still think the MVP is Tatis Jr to lose. 

Well, quite frankly Tatis is losing it.  

I would say before Votto got "hot" that the top 3 were Tatis, Muncy, and Harper.  The Pads are swooning, the Phils are treading water, and the Dodgers are en fuego.

Some could/would say that Joey has been carrying the Reds.  But damn, with the time he has missed it is amazing the stats he is putting up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, quite frankly Tatis is losing it.  

I would say before Votto got "hot" that the top 3 were Tatis, Muncy, and Harper.  The Pads are swooning, the Phils are treading water, and the Dodgers are en fuego.

Some could/would say that Joey has been carrying the Reds.  But damn, with the time he has missed it is amazing the stats he is putting up.

I just dont understand the Harper love from all the so called experts.Votto, Winker and Castellanos all have equal or better than Harper on a team with better record.

Imagine being 28 games over .500 in the AL East. 5 game lead on the Yankees. Hosting a 4 game series vs Orioles and getting 22,754 people there to watch....not per game. That number was entire series.

I know it was the Orioles and I get Florida lifestyle,etc.....but 22,754 fans for a 4 game series during a playoff chase. I love Florida and love that area....but MLB has to do something for this franchise. 

With payrolls going up to a $100M minimum....the Rays and their $71M payroll are going to have to find fans somewhere. Nashville, Charlotte.....Vegas...anywhere. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Imagine being 28 games over .500 in the AL East. 5 game lead on the Yankees. Hosting a 4 game series vs Orioles and getting 22,754 people there to watch....not per game. That number was entire series.

I know it was the Orioles and I get Florida lifestyle,etc.....but 22,754 fans for a 4 game series during a playoff chase. I love Florida and love that area....but MLB has to do something for this franchise. 

With payrolls going up to a $100M minimum....the Rays and their $71M payroll are going to have to find fans somewhere. Nashville, Charlotte.....Vegas...anywhere. 

Yes, that is pretty damn sad and a reason I love it when the Rays succeed.

Personally I think the Tampa franchise should move to Indy...

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rico said:

In Tampa on July 26 2010 as part of Aydens Make A wish trip and after meeting Rocco Baldelli that day we watched Garza throw a no hitter. The only one I have seen live. After that game we drove to Atlanta and Ayden had surgery the next morning. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

In Tampa on July 26 2010 as part of Aydens Make A wish trip and after meeting Rocco Baldelli that day we watched Garza throw a no hitter. The only one I have seen live. After that game we drove to Atlanta and Ayden had surgery the next morning. 

What is it about pitchers and no-hitters? Corey Kluber throws a no-hitter for the Yankees and promptly ends up on the IL......

1 hour ago, rico said:

I know we could put more than whatever Tampa is doing....although I doubt MLB would let Indy ever get a franchise with Cubs/Sox/Cards/Reds all nearby. 

With that said I'd buy tickets for an Indy franchise in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Last night on the Reds radio broadcast they talked about Jim Maloney. In 1965 he pitched a 10 innings and gave up no hits but lost my be no hitter and the game in the 11th.  A couple months later he did get a no hitter which was on 10 innings ad well.  In that game he walked 10 and threw 187 pitches and I would bet that will never happen again.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Last night on the Reds radio broadcast they talked about Jim Maloney. In 1965 he pitched a 10 innings and gave up no hits but lost my be no hitter and the game in the 11th.  A couple months later he did get a no hitter which was on 10 innings ad well.  In that game he walked 10 and threw 187 pitches and I would bet that will never happen again.

Maloney was a damned good pitcher in the 60s. He could bring it...

Very underappreciated in baseball history, but when you're pitching in the NL in the 60s with Gibson, Koufax, Drysdale, Jenkins, and Marachal, that's a tough crowd to stand out in...

I just sent Giannis a letter, claiming to be a huge Brewers fan, and encouraged him to trade the Brewers pitching staff to the Reds for theirs.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32056841/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-purchase-stake-milwaukee-brewers-sources-say

But, dammit, I think I spelled his last name wrong.  He'll probably hold that against me.  

And the Reds have caught the Padres in the wild card standings.  SD has a very difficult schedule to finish the season.  They play 10 games against the Giants, 9 against the Dodgers, 3 against the Astros, 3 against the Braves, 3 against the Cardinals...and some games with the Angels and D-backs.

Reds have 3 with Brewers, 6 with Cardinals, 9 with Pirates, 3 with Cubs, 3 with Dodgers, 4 with Nationals, 3 with Detroit, 5 with Miami.  I think the remaining schedule favors Cincinnati.  JMHO...and you gotta play the games...right?   😊  Go Reds!!

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

Don't look now, but the Yankees are only 4 back of 1st place behind the Rays. Given where they were a little over a month ago, I would not have thought it would be possible. What they've done to get back in the race is nothing short of amazing, considering all of their injuries and covid.

Still lots of baseball left, but.....

Go Yankees

• Like 1

Nick Senzel has been placed on the 60 day IL with fluid buildup on his knee.  He had arthroscopic surgery on it in May.  No timetable for his return as he'll be rehabbing in Arizona.  He's damaged goods, that's for sure.  JMHO, but Reds should package him someway, maybe with Suarez, for a trade.  Send them to American League...

Edited by jv1972iu

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Can't root for the Yankees, Dodgers (sorry HTD), Astros.  Hell, I can't root for anyone else as long as the Reds are in the hunt for a wildcard!!   😊  

Sorry man, but I disagree. I'd love to see a "coast to coast" WS, like the old days.

But I would like to see the Reds get in the playoffs as well.