2021 MLB Season

5fouls

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll take one ofr their hands. Word around the camp fire up North is the empty stands are ticking certain folks off. I expect some spending this winter. Hopefully we grab one of your guys as well!

A lot of empty seats in STL too which doesn’t happen often. Hope they make some legit noise in the off-season. It’s like they thought just getting Arenado was enough lol. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Will they lose any of those guys to bigger contracts that they can’t pay? 

None of the core guys except for Castellanos are upcoming free agents. Castellanos has an opt out if he chooses to use it but he likes the team and city. The Reds also aren’t big on losing or trading popular players in their prime so I don’t think it’s a given that he leaves or even opts out since their are some uncertainty’s around this offseason.  

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

None of the core guys except for Castellanos are upcoming free agents. Castellanos has an opt out if he chooses to use it but he likes the team and city. The Reds also aren’t big on losing or trading popular players in their prime so I don’t think it’s a given that he leaves or even opts out since their are some uncertainty’s around this offseason.  

Truthfully... NC would be taking a fair gamble to move on. He is a legit superstar for the Reds.. maybe wouldn't have that role everywhere. 

The stuff I can't stand about so many pro athletes is when you have a great situation (NC in Cinci as an example) and he's thriving! And getting paid $16 million a year.... how much is enough? Ya know? 

Some guys will go take $22 million a year and screw up a great situation (Pujols) on a team that can make a run for a team rebuilding... Why? 

Some understand this and play it smart.. others just.. Jesus. Stick where it's working. Lance Stephenson would be a great example of a mistake leaving as well.. you went to Charlotte man. Charlotte!!!

29 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If Naquin leaves then there would two openings in the outfield

Got down to Hilton Head a few hours ago and saw we have swept the Marlins.  Good come back from the Cubs series

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Truthfully... NC would be taking a fair gamble to move on. He is a legit superstar for the Reds.. maybe wouldn't have that role everywhere. 

The stuff I can't stand about so many pro athletes is when you have a great situation (NC in Cinci as an example) and he's thriving! And getting paid $16 million a year.... how much is enough? Ya know? 

Some guys will go take $22 million a year and screw up a great situation (Pujols) on a team that can make a run for a team rebuilding... Why? 

Some understand this and play it smart.. others just.. Jesus. Stick where it's working. Lance Stephenson would be a great example of a mistake leaving as well.. you went to Charlotte man. Charlotte!!!

You make a great point re Pujols. Honestly, when you factor in the taxes in CA versus MO, I think the numbers would work out pretty even. But the Cardinals probably lucked out because he really started to tail off the last 5 or 6 years. I do hope he signs a one day deal with STL and then retires. That’d be awesome. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

You make a great point re Pujols. Honestly, when you factor in the taxes in CA versus MO, I think the numbers would work out pretty even. But the Cardinals probably lucked out because he really started to tail off the last 5 or 6 years. I do hope he signs a one day deal with STL and then retires. That’d be awesome. 

I just think STL puts their stars in ungodly good positions to thrive. 

STL is as well of a ran organization in pro sports as there is. 

What if the Reds go... 

1. India 2B

2. Winker LF

3. Castellanos RF

4. Votto 1B 

5. Stephenson/Farmer DH

6. Moustakas 3B

7. Barrero SS 

8. Barnhart C

9. Senzel CF/Naquin CF 

Bench: Suarez/Shog

SP- Miley, Castillo, Gray, Gutierrez, Mahle 

That's formidable yeah? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lodolo wasn't good in his first Triple A start. 

I truly don't know though. 

Reds are 29-17 in their last 46 though. I know that. 🤣

Lodolo will be just fine. His stuff is MLB ready. He’s had a few setbacks this year but he’ll be ready by next year. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if the Reds go... 

1. India 2B

2. Winker LF

3. Castellanos RF

4. Votto 1B 

5. Stephenson/Farmer DH

6. Moustakas 3B

7. Barrero SS 

8. Barnhart C

9. Senzel CF/Naquin CF 

Bench: Suarez/Shog

SP- Miley, Castillo, Gray, Gutierrez, Mahle 

That's formidable yeah? 

Let's see how the Reds do first.  That will determine any "tweaks" to be made.  But I doubt Naquin is in Cincy next year, he will do better on the open market unless he accepts another Reds offer.  TBH, I really don't know how the Reds' FO feels about Senzel at this point.  The CF spot could be the one Cincy might shop around for.  But yeah, it is formidable. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Let's see how the Reds do first.  That will determine any "tweaks" to be made.  But I doubt Naquin is in Cincy next year, he will do better on the open market unless he accepts another Reds offer.  TBH, I really don't know how the Reds' FO feels about Senzel at this point.  The CF spot could be the one Cincy might shop around for.  But yeah, it is formidable. 

Gotcha. Again.. no clue about it all. Just wanted to go hypothetically. 

Exciting times. Votto doesn't appear to be slowing down. 

21 minutes ago, rico said:

How much more can the Reds spend? If any?