2021 MLB Season

5fouls

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

To beat the Brewers you have to get to their bullpen with a good lead. 

Did that twice. Sort of what I was alluding to.. they gave themselves a legit shot to win two of those games. Go win the series this weekend and they're right on track and will have won 3 of 4. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not looking at any numbers just what I see. 

Hitting big edge for Reds

Fielding slight edge for Reds

Starting pitching Edge Brewers but not huge

Relief pitching huge advantage Brewers.

The Brewers are better at beating the teams they are supposed to. 

And don't blow leads late. They do a great job of taking extra bases, as well. Some big time arms in the NL, yeah? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not looking at any numbers just what I see. 

The Brewers are better at beating the teams they are supposed to. 

Amazingly the Brewers are 12-13 against the NL East.  The Reds 16-10.  I do believe Milw still has 3 with the Phils and Mets.  The Crew also 3 @ Cleveland.  Not looking good for Cincy but there is a chance.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Reds played pretty solid baseball these three games. Could have easily taken the series. 

Perfect way to describe the Brewers vs plenty of teams the last 2-3 seasons. Play them well, know that you could have beaten them....and you leave town with a lost series and realize the Brewers are 28 over .500.

I'm still not sold on the Brewers. Yes they are 28 over but 19 of those are vs Pirates/Cubs.....but 28 over is 28 over so I have to respect that part I guess. On paper I love the Reds lineup over the Brewers every single day of the week. It's just the pitching. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Perfect way to describe the Brewers vs plenty of teams the last 2-3 seasons. Play them well, know that you could have beaten them....and you leave town with a lost series and realize the Brewers are 28 over .500.

I'm still not sold on the Brewers. Yes they are 28 over but 19 of those are vs Pirates/Cubs.....but 28 over is 28 over so I have to respect that part I guess. On paper I love the Reds lineup over the Brewers every single day of the week. It's just the pitching. 

Hard to grasp how important pitching is... the only thing in sport that can compare would be an elite OL. You legit have a chance to win every game with elite pitching/elite OL play. Just the way I see it. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yankees have now won 12 in a row beating the A's last night 7-6.

Aroldis got his 300th save....

Still a tight race.

Yep, shaping up to be quite a race.  I am all for a Bosox/Reds series but would settle for Yanks/Reds.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, rico said:

Yep, shaping up to be quite a race.  I am all for a Bosox/Reds series but would settle for Yanks/Reds.  LOL

If the Reds make the series, ESPN and Fox will devote more time explaining why th he Dodgers are not there than why the Reds are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Still a tight race.

The Cuban Missile... who Walt Jocketty traded to the Yankees for four minor league "prospects"...or "young talent".  These are names we all know... Rookie Davis, Eric Jagielo, Tony Renda, Caleb Cotham.  The Reds organization has always made outstanding trades!    🙄  

Ps. Frank Robinson, may he rest in peace, laughingly says..." Hi".

Edited by jv1972iu

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

The Cuban Missile... who Walt Jocketty traded to the Yankees for four minor league "prospects"...or "young talent".  These are names we all know... Rookie Davis, Eric Jagielo, Tony Renda, Caleb Cotham.  The Reds organization has always made outstanding trades!    🙄  

The trade was the right decision the problem was Jocketty wasn’t good at acquiring young talent. The Reds are a million times better in that department now then they were then. 

The Reds just claimed Asdrubal Cabrera off waivers. He’s slashing .244/.324/,392/.716 in 90 games for the Diamondbacks. He’s also slashing .290/.356/.452/.807 verses LHP this year and the Reds are scheduled to face 6 LHPers over the next 12 games. He’s a third baseman at this point in his career which isn’t good news for Suarez but he’s been awful so it’s a smart move.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Still a tight race.

The Yankees lead the lead in winning 1 run games. Only 1 team ever the White Sox in 2005 have won the World Series after leading the league in 1 run victories and only last years Rays have made it to the Series leading in that category.  Not trying to burst your bubble. Right now the Yanks are red hot

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The trade was the right decision the problem was Jocketty wasn’t good at acquiring young talent. The Reds are a million times better in that department now then they were then. 

Yeah, I'm willing to modify my statement.  But I don't believe that historically the Reds have had a wonderful record on trades outside of the Howsam years.  But I'm far from an expert.   😊

5 hours ago, rico said:

Amazingly the Brewers are 12-13 against the NL East.  The Reds 16-10.  I do believe Milw still has 3 with the Phils and Mets.  The Crew also 3 @ Cleveland.  Not looking good for Cincy but there is a chance.

It  is the record against the West that is a major difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

The Johnny Cueto trade was horrible as be well

Edited by IU Scott

24 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah, I'm willing to modify my statement.  But I don't believe that historically the Reds have had a wonderful record on trades outside of the Howsam years.  But I'm far from an expert.   😊

I was trying to remember back in the days of The Big Red Machine...I think only 3 of the starting 8 (Morgan, Foster, and Geronimo) weren't home grown...and those 3 were nabbed in fairly lopsided deals...

As far as pitching goes, I know they got Clay Kirby and Fred Norman from the Padres...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I was trying to remember back in the days of The Big Red Machine...I think only 3 of the starting 8 (Morgan, Foster, and Geronimo) weren't home grown...and those 3 were nabbed in fairly lopsided deals...

As far as pitching goes, I know they got Clay Kirby and Fred Norman from the Padres...

Nobody remembers or cares about the deals that didn't work out during the 70's because the decade was successful. They traded Tony Perez for pitching.  How did that work out?  Better look up names like Mike Caldwell, Ross Grimsley, Tony Perez, and Hal McRae.

From my viewpoint, the Reds make bad trades historically...

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Nobody remembers or cares about the deals that didn't work out during the 70's because the decade was successful. They traded Tony Perez for pitching.  How did that work out?  Better look up names like Mike Caldwell, Ross Grimsley, Tony Perez, and Hal McRae.

From my viewpoint, the Reds make bad trades historically...

I think every team has a trade or two that didn't work out...

But the Reds had a couple of great trades that led to a couple of World Series rings...

McRae was never going to get playing time for the Reds...he was a bad defender more suited for the AL, and after the 71 trade for Morgan, Billingham, Geronimo et al there was no place for him.

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Reds just claimed Asdrubal Cabrera off waivers. He’s slashing .244/.324/,392/.716 in 90 games for the Diamondbacks. He’s also slashing .290/.356/.452/.807 verses LHP this year and the Reds are scheduled to face 6 LHPers over the next 12 games. He’s a third baseman at this point in his career which isn’t good news for Suarez but he’s been awful so it’s a smart move.

Where do they put him and who goes down.