2021 MLB Season

5fouls

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think every team has a trade or two that didn't work out...

But the Reds had a couple of great trades that led to a couple of World Series rings...

McRae was never going to get playing time for the Reds...he was a bad defender more suited for the AL, and after the 71 trade for Morgan, Billingham, Geronimo et al there was no place for him.

That is what I alluded to.  Nobody cares/cared because of the Reds accomplishments.  But they made some poor decisions none the less.  

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds struggles against LH starters are continuing today. The guy they are facing today had an ERA going into the game today at 8.41.  Reds down 2-0 in the 3rd.

Unbelievable that they are being shutout by this guy.  They have only 1 hit in 6 innings and that was the leadoff hitter of the be game

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Scathing rebuke of Cubs ownership and management...

Well deserved in my opinion...

"it should be embarrassing as hell for a team that inspired easy talk of dynasties with its youth-fueled championship just five years ago after becoming the first big-revenue to intentionally tank to build that team."

And for an owner who last year talked about how important gate/ticket revenue is to the team's financial health....I have friends who can't give their tickets away for the last 30 days. Unless we spend our way back in this could be a 3-4 year rebuild not just 1-2.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Javy making some new friends in Queens. Every time the Mets do something good.....they are giving thumbs down to the fans who boo them. Seems like a smart move Javy. 

Look I try and look past some of the stunts these over paid athletes pull.. 

This is BS. 

If I'm the front office all of those mfers sit until they publicly apologize. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Look I try and look past some of the stunts these over paid athletes pull.. 

This is BS. 

If I'm the front office all of those mfers sit until they publicly apologize. 

Cohen already said this will be handled. With Javy it's easy for the Mets...he and his .216 average with 4 dongs and 7 RBI can be let go. Lindor is the bigger problem. They have him locked up for 10 years. Try trading that contract/player for anything more than .50 cents on the dollar right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lindor is the bigger problem. They have him locked up for 10 years. Try trading that contract/player for anything more than .50 cents on the dollar right now.

The McRicketts have their offer ready...

Screenshot_20210830-091455.png

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The McRicketts have their offer ready...

Screenshot_20210830-091455.png

Lindor has gotten his already so he can be as dumb as he wants. Javy isn't going broke anytime soon....but he hasn't hit his contract yet. People forget he was only making mid six figures for the Cubs up until last couple of seasons. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-mets/javier-baez-14056/cash-earnings/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Scathing rebuke of Cubs ownership and management...

Well deserved in my opinion...

"it should be embarrassing as hell for a team that inspired easy talk of dynasties with its youth-fueled championship just five years ago after becoming the first big-revenue to intentionally tank to build that team."

They "botched" it from the get go...reminds me sort of what happened to the early 70's A's.