2021 MLB Season

5fouls

6 minutes ago, rico said:

They "botched" it from the get go...reminds me sort of what happened to the early 70's A's.

Charlie Finley didn't have anywhere close to the resources the McRicketts have though...

He was a latter day Bill Veeck...and like Veeck (who had to sell the Indians in 1949) a divorce forced him to sell his team

• Like 1

Every team just needs to pitch LH pitchers against the Reds the rest of the year.

The Refs is 2-5 the last 7 games and the problem had mainly been the hitting.  The Reds offense is so inconsistent with them either being red hot or just non existent.  The last 3 games they have scored 1 run in each game and have been outscored 11-3.  Of those 11 runs the Reds gave up 9 have been scored in the first inning.

Reds offense is atrocious right now and nobody is hitting at all.  Today the best hitter was your starting pitcher who was 1-1 with a two run double

They either ate red hot or ice CD and there is no on between with.tjid team.  They can have a good two week down where they might go 11-3 and look really good.  Then the next two weeks they will go 5-9.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds offense is atrocious right now and nobody is hitting at all.  Today the best hitter was your starting pitcher who was 1-1 with a two run double

They either ate red hot or ice CD and there is no on between with.tjid team.  They can have a good two week down where they might go 11-3 and look really good.  Then the next two weeks they will go 5-9.

16-12 over 162 games is 93 wins

• Like 1

I hate listening not David Bell's post game interviews.  He is do monotone and boring to listen to and you couldn't tell if he has a pulse.  Give me a Pinnella or Davey Johnson who wouldn't tolerate how this team is playing.  If I was manager they would probably be having to use the bleep button every few words.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

One last losing streak...the September swoon on the way.

I'm wondering if the Yanks will do the same.

What once was a tight race with the Rays, now seems to be a runaway for Tampa. Yanks need to concentrate on the wild card, and that seems tenuous right now with only being 2 games up. This west coast trip has been brutal for the guys in pin stripes, having lost 4 straight games....

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 1

Cubs are 23 games out of first in NL Central. Season ending records only we've been a total of 11 games out of first from 2015-2020. I don't even know half the guys on the team right now. Probably my last Cubs complaint but man no way did I ever see this coming from 2015. 

Can't remember the last game I actually watched. Fun time of year though as the calendar switches to September. Enjoy the playoff races!

24 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Checking Castellanos bat. Corking it like Sammy?

Yeah, I'll never excuse Sosa, but for a Cardinal fan, who employed one of the most despicable players ever, Mark McGwire, that's kinda funny...

The display he put on with the Maris family after he had stolen Roger's legacy was nauseating...

• Like 2