2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Great start for the Reds with Cubs up 3-0 after 3 batters.  Why did the Reds sign Cabrera because he miss played a ground ball to 1st base that should have been an out.  He still hasn't gotten a hit in 9 AB's.

Can't believe this Cubs stat but their starter today Justin Steele is the first Cubs since 2014 to win a game that was a Cubs draft pick.

One again Reds are struggling against a LH starter.  Bell over thinks and put all RH hitters in the lineup but that is taking some of your better hitters out of the game.  When you play Aquino (.180), Suarez (.175), Cabrera (.240 overall but.000 with the Reds) that makes for some easy outs.  Today no Votto, Naquin it Bar Hardy which has been some of your better hitters.

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Great start for the Reds with Cubs up 3-0 after 3 batters.  Why did the Reds sign Cabrera because he miss played a ground ball to 1st base that should have been an out.  He still hasn't gotten a hit in 9 AB's.

Can't believe this Cubs stat but their starter today Justin Steele is the first Cubs since 2014 to win a game that was a Cubs draft pick.

Yep. Alzolay was international free agent but to your point....Cubs drafted 4 first round pitchers even since 2012 and none panned out. Of course Javy, Bryant, Schwarber, Almora worked well for awhile but that stat always shocks people. Including myself.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Why did Bell take Cessa out after 1 easy inning.  He only three 12 pitches and got them out 1,2,3

On que Lorenzen gave up the go ahead run in the 8th.  Managers need to stop trying to event the wheel and let guys pitch longer.  The more pitchers you bring in the better chance you will find one that doesn't have it for that day.

Looks like the Cubs manager had totally out managed Bell.  They start a LH so Bell started all RH hitters but once they brought in RH relievers Bell brought in their LH hitters and all we got on the bench is more LH hitters.  Now to close the game the Cubs is bring in a LH to face all of our LH hitters.

Last thing on the Reds and this game but once again the small fundemental things kills the Reds.  With the bases loaded 3-1 and one out the Cubs pitcher threw a wild pitch and Castellanos scored but the other two runners did not advanced. Scrouck came up with two outs and doubled down the left field line but only scored one.  If those runners moved up both would have scored.

The Reds just can't do the little things that wins games and a lot of that has to do with them having no speed.  It is just not about stealing bases but going first to third or scoring on a double.  There base running has been horrible all year.  They also have trouble scoring tums for f they don't hot homers and have trouble getting runners in from third with less than two outs.

Edited by IU Scott

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Last thing on the Reds and this game but once again the small fundemental things kills the Reds.  With the bases loaded 3-1 and one out the Cubs pitcher threw a wild pitch and Castellanos scored but the other two runners did not advanced. Scrouck came up with two outs and doubled down the left field line but only scored one.  If those runners moved up both would have scored.

The Reds just can't do the little things that wins games and a lot of that has to do with them having no speed.  It is just not about stealing bases but going first to third or scoring on a double.  There base running has been horrible all year.  They also have trouble scoring tums for f they don't hot homers and have trouble getting runners in from third with less than two outs.

When you are in a play-off chase mistakes get magnified.  TBH, the Reds have been making these kinds of mind boggling mishaps all year long.

• Like 1

Reds get a much needed win beating the Cubs 4-3.  Even with the win David Bell makes another bone headed decision in my opinion.  Reds scored 2 runs in the 8th to go up 4-1 but for some reason he takes out Wade Miley.  Please explain to me why be would you take a pitcher with this stat line.

7IP, 1run, 5 hits, 0BB, 8K's 101 pitches. You manage the game and not a computer print out made by geeks who probably never played the game.  They brought in Lorenzen who lost yesterday's game in the 8th.  Today he gave up 2 solo homers and the Cubs cut the lead to 4-3.

The Cubs manager also mad a confusing move as well.  In the bottom of the 5th he allowed his pitcher to hit with two outs.  They still took him out of the game in the top of the 6th.  He had pitched well except for the first inning where he gave up two solo homers.  If you planned to take him out why not pinch hit for him.

Lastly I don't know how much more of this stupid analytics I can take in sports.  To me all they are doing is hurting the sport and making it harder to watch the games.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds get a much needed win beating the Cubs 4-3.  Even with the win David Bell makes another bone headed decision in my opinion.  Reds scored 2 runs in the 8th to go up 4-1 but for some reason he takes out Wade Miley.  Please explain to me why be would you take a pitcher with this stat line.

7IP, 1run, 5 hits, 0BB, 8K's 101 pitches. You manage the game and not a computer print out made by geeks who probably never played the game.  They brought in Lorenzen who lost yesterday's game in the 8th.  Today he gave up 2 solo homers and the Cubs cut the lead to 4-3.

The Cubs manager also mad a confusing move as well.  In the bottom of the 5th he allowed his pitcher to hit with two outs.  They still took him out of the game in the top of the 6th.  He had pitched well except for the first inning where he gave up two solo homers.  If you planned to take him out why not pinch hit for him.

Lastly I don't know how much more of this stupid analytics I can take in sports.  To me all they are doing is hurting the sport and making it harder to watch the games.

Scott, can you do me a favor.  Please try to enjoy the season.  LOL  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It's late in the season. Miley has had injuries in the past and they can't afford to lose him at this point in the season. That wasn't an analytical decision that was the smart decision. Not every decision Bell makes is analytical contrary to popular belief. Especially with a 3 run lead. Yes, the bullpen has been bad most of the year but they've got guys that should be able to get 6 outs and they did. The Reds WON and that's what matters. They gave up a couple of solo home runs because Lorenzen was working on some pitches that haven't been effective for him this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JW75 said:

Scott, did you play baseball throughout your life or just heavily invested as a Reds fan?

Meh, Scott is just a passionate Redleg fan that has a problem with metrics and pitch counts.  Hell, in this up and down season I have called out Bell many of times myself.

Stick a fork in the Yankees, I am predicting they will not make the playoffs. Lost last night and Gerritt Cole had to come out with hamstring tightness and may miss his next start. The pitching is in shambles. As a Yankee fan, I would prefer they didn't make the playoffs as they simply don't deserve it. 

Cashman really needs to hit the pitcher market during the off season.

• Sad 1