2021 MLB Season

5fouls

23 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't think so.

The pitching staff, top to bottom, is in complete disarray with injuries and poor performances. Hitting has not been good as well.

Prior to this week the last time the Yankees were swept in 4 game series and not led in any of the 4 games was 1925. HOLY COW, put  fork in them. Yanks are done.  My opinion 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Prior to this week the last time the Yankees were swept in 4 game series and not led in any of the 4 games was 1925. HOLY COW, put  fork in them. Yanks are done.  My opinion 

I gotta be honest.  I will give the Bosox credit, I had them wrote off a month ago.  That AL East/WC race is something else.  I hope both the Yanks and Sawks falter and the wild card teams are 2 of Toronto/Oakland/Seattle.

• Like 1

Sept. 10: Reds 4, Cardinals 2 -- Matching A-Rod, passing Frank
With his home run in the top of the fourth inning, on his 38th birthday, Joey Votto became the oldest player to hit a homer on his birthday since a 40-year-old Alex Rodriguez did it for the Yankees on July 27, 2015. It was also career homer No. 325 for Votto, who moved past Frank Robinson for second on Cincinnati's all-time list. Johnny Bench is the club's all-time leader with 389.

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Milwaukee with a combined no-hitter tonight against Cleveland.  Burns pulled after 8 with 115 pitches.  Hader finished up the no-no

The third time that the Indians have been no hitter this year.  What is crazy that Pleasac has been the Indians starter in all 3 games.

Edited by IU Scott

Reds 6th inning was not good.  Castillo got the first two outs bit then gave up two runs to tie the game.  The first hit was a swing by t that went about 30 feet. The fourth run scored on a blooper that fell in between 3 guys. Naquin and Better collided and Naquin is out of the game.  You thought the Reds was in good shape being up 4-0 after 3  innings with Castillo pitching

Reds lose 6-4 to the Cardinals.  I thought the Cardinals bullpen has been horrible but the lady two series against the Reds they have looked good.

I still don't understand the mind set if today's players.  Down two runs in the 9th so you need base runners.  Two straight LH hitters had all of the third base line to put a bunt down but neither even tried to bunt.  A solution homer does you know good and to me that is being a selfish player.