2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Reds are done. The organization wasn't committed to winning and their holes in the roster are showing down the stretch. Not to mention players aren't performing as well as they were. September Wade Miley has struck again, Guti has hit a rookie wall, and the other starting pitchers have been inconsistent all year. 

That person who pissed in my cheerios back a couple months ago has been doing it all 2nd half of the year concerning the Reds. LOL

It really took a bigger padre meltdown to keep them in the hunt.  If the Reds do get in, the prize is the dodgers or Giants.  I guess anything can happen in 1 game but seems doubtful. 

Oh well, going to watch the Rangers AAA players vs the whitesox this weekend in that brand new air conditioned stadium.  Been to several games this year and social distancing is not an issue. It is usually empty.  Last game I attended on 9/1, the AAA guys made 4 errors in the ninth and gave the game away to the rockies.  I could almost count the fans in the stadium.  It's crazy because their AAA team is like 20 minutes away from my house but the new ballpark is a 3 hour drive.  What we will do to go to air conditioned stadium and not sit in the heat. LOL

22 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

That person who pissed in my cheerios back a couple months ago has been doing it all 2nd half of the year concerning the Reds. LOL

It really took a bigger padre meltdown to keep them in the hunt.  If the Reds do get in, the prize is the dodgers or Giants.  I guess anything can happen in 1 game but seems doubtful. 

Oh well, going to watch the Rangers AAA players vs the whitesox this weekend in that brand new air conditioned stadium.  Been to several games this year and social distancing is not an issue. It is usually empty.  Last game I attended on 9/1, the AAA guys made 4 errors in the ninth and gave the game away to the rockies.  I could almost count the fans in the stadium.  It's crazy because their AAA team is like 20 minutes away from my house but the new ballpark is a 3 hour drive.  What we will do to go to air conditioned stadium and not sit in the heat. LOL

The thing is the Reds do have Louis Castillo who when he is on gives them a chance against anyone. He has been very inconsistent this year but there is a chance in a 1 game playoff. That said the Reds aren't going to make it to the wild card game. 

Yankees starting pitcher, Jordan Montgomery, strikes out a career high 12 batters today against the O's. But because he didn't get any run support, the Yanks lose to the O's 3-2 in 10 innings. 

The Yanks are now 1/2 game behind both the Sawks and the Jays who were both idle tonight. This what the Yankees do, they do not take advantage of situations like this where they could be up 1/2 game.

What's galling about the Yankees loss yesterday to the O's is Baltimore, the bottom dwelling team in the AL has beaten the Yanks 8 times this year! Win half of those and things would be different.

I saw this quote from a poster on The Yankees board and it sums up how I feel.

From WSorBust "It’s sad that despite being right in the thick of a playoff race, it’s so clear to most fans what a mess this season has been. Something is so broken for a team with this level of talent to be so streaky. To add two bullpen pieces in Holmes and peralta, but to work out other horses to death in the process is also part of the issue. To get decent pitching performances out of some of Monty taillon and Nestor and STILL to suck. It’s baffling and speaks to overthinking and mismanagement of the roster. This isn’t in the players. The analytics department has destroyed these guys."

Many fans want Cashman gone and replaced with.......

Are you ready for it?

Theo Epstein!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Reds decided to part ways with their minor league director of pitching Kyle Boddy and their minor league hitting coordinator today. The organization is said to be wanting to go in a “different direction”.

Brody has made great strides in the Reds minor league pitching.  I wonder if the fact that he worked with Bauer before being hired by the Reds was why he got the job.