2021 MLB Season

5fouls

Yet another horrible move by David Bell.  Down 3-2 in the bottom of the 6th and runners on 1st and 3rd and two outs.  Pirates bring on a lefty to face Freidel and he brings in Cabrerra who is 0 for 19nand he strikes out.  What is stupid is that he had use another player to play CF do he wasted two players for one spot 

Reds lose 6-2 and tonight's game is a microcosm of this season.  Mahle pitched bad at home going 4.1 innings, 3 runs on 96 pitches. Reds can't score when they get the bases loaded and no outs.  They did this twice tonight and scored 1 run on a sac fly with one out. Bullpen gives up late runs to expand the lead.  Lorenzen gives up 3 runs in the 8th to expand the lead to 6-2.

I know I will be right there next year in April thinking this will be the season for the Reds.  I just know if Bell is back that enthusiasm will wane a lot.  To me there is no way you can justify bring him back another year.

Also having to listen to most games I came to the conclusion that the new play by play guy is just terrible.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Always have liked Joey Votto from a distance....but this year even more. He was on DP a couple weeks ago and gave a phenomenal interview. If a guy ever should be given the green light to chase a title it's him. Curious what he does.

I would say Joey wants to win one with the Reds.  So, he should demand a trade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Reds offseason to do list. 

1. Don't resign David Bell

2. Bob Castellini decides to sell the team

One of these is realistic and the other is not. 

Roster wise to do list. 

1. Sign a closer

2. Bring back Givens 

3. Fix 3rd Base

4. Find a CFer

They will have to move Suarez or Moose or both.  Move Farmer to third and Berreo to SS

Just now, IU Scott said:

The Reds would be better off if they had kept the DH in the NL.  They probably have 4 guys who are better off being a DH than playing the field, Votto, Suarez, Moose and Winker.

That's one of the topics up for debate in the CBA talks this winter. I also would be surprised if the season starts on time next year because of the CBA. It's been rumored that it could get pretty ugly. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds would be better off if they had kept the DH in the NL.  They probably have 4 guys who are better off being a DH than playing the field, Votto, Suarez, Moose and Winker.

I'm drumming you out of the Crabby Old Traditionalist Club...

What next? You going to buy a bust of Bill James off of eBay? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

That's one of the topics up for debate in the CBA talks this winter. I also would be surprised if the season starts on time next year because of the CBA. It's been rumored that it could get pretty ugly. 

Oh golly gee!  Another strike?  I can hardly wait.